• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Test-only players ODI Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Round 1
J_C - Barry Richards
watson - Keith Miller
kingkallis - Mike Procter
AldoRaine18 - Graeme Pollock
Zinzan - Wally Hammond
Morgieb - Bill O'Reilly
mr_mister - Stan McCabe
Red Hill - Harold Larwood
schearzie - Ray Lindwall
Pothas - S.F. Barnes
Agent TBY - Sir Clyde Walcott
OverratedSanity - Victor Trumper

Round 2
OverratedSanity - Gilbert Jessop
Agent TBY - Aubrey Faulkner
Pothas - George Headley
schearzie - Jack Gregory
Red Hill - Alan Davidson
mr_mister - Clarie Grimmett
Morgieb - Frank Worrell
Zinzan - Fred Trueman
AldoRaine18 - Neil Harvey
kingkallis - WG Grace
watson - Ted Dexter
J_C - Charles Macartney

Round 3
mr_mister - Len Hutton
Pothas - Richie Benaud
Zinzan - Everton Weekes
J_C - Wes Hall
Red Hill - Frank Woolley
AldoRaine18 - Jack Hobbs
watson - Denis Compton
Morgieb - Monty Noble
schearzie- Bill Ponsford
OverratedSanity- Les Ames
kingkallis- Dudley Nourse
Agent TBY- Clem Hill

Round 4

Agent TBY- Maurice Tate
kingkallis- Trevor Goddard
OverratedSanity- Jim Laker
schearzie- Denis Lindsay
Morgieb- Brian Statham
watson- Peter Pollock
AldoRaine18- Learie Constantine
Red Hill
J_C
Zinzan
Pothas
mr_mister

Round 5

J_C
schearzie
Morgieb
Red Hill
kingkallis
watson
OverratedSanity
AldoRaine18
Pothas
Agent TBY
mr_mister
Zinzan

Round 6

Zinzan
mr_mister
Agent TBY
Pothas
AldoRaine18
OverratedSanity
watson
kingkallis
Red Hill
Morgieb
schearzie
J_C

Round 7

Red Hill
kingkallis
J_C
AldoRaine18
Pothas
schearzie
watson
OverratedSanity
Zinzan
Morgieb
mr_mister
Agent TBY

Round 8

Agent TBY
mr_mister
Morgieb
Zinzan
OverratedSanity
watson
schearzie
Pothas
AldoRaine18
J_C
kingkallis
Red Hill

Round 9

J_C
schearzie
Zinzan
mr_mister
kingkallis
Agent TBY
AldoRaine18
OverratedSanity
Red Hill
Morgieb
watson
Pothas

Round 10

Pothas
watson
Morgieb
Red Hill
OverratedSanity
AldoRaine18
Agent TBY
kingkallis
mr_mister
Zinzan
schearzie
J_C

Round 11

Pothas
Agent TBY
J_C
watson
OverratedSanity
Zinzan
Morgieb
Red Hill
kingkallis
mr_mister
schearzie
AldoRaine18

Red

Arthur Morris

Red Hill XI

Arthur Morris
~
Frank Woolley
~
~
~
Alan Davidson
~
Harold Larwood
~

Red

Thanks mate. Reckon Morris would be ideal in this format.

Bradman and Morris had added 64 in half an hour before lunch. Australia were 121 for one with Morris on 63 and Bradman on 35 on one of the hottest days of the summer.

Morris took over after lunch, being especially ruthless against Compton, who had bowled so well. He hit seven fours and took two singles from two Compton overs. Chronicle (Adelaide) called it a “dazzling burst of scoring”. Mailey wrote, “[Arthur] Morris’ superb artistry and vigour almost overshadowed [Don] Bradman’s precise attack.” The West Australian (Perth) wrote, “He [Morris] completely overshadowed [Don] Bradman, who, however, scored 50 in just over an hour.” That was saying something.

He raced to his fifth Ashes hundred — the fastest of the series — in 127 minutes with a streaky four off Bedser. He later recalled, “Suddenly you get that perverse feeling that you want to stop them (the hopeful English press) and, before you know it, you can take on the world. They weren’t bowling all that badly but, when you’re batting well, you make your own rubbish, and we just kept going. [Norman] Yardley, he had to go for a win, so the field was always in, and I hit 20 fours in my first 100.”

Bradman later wrote, “I take my hat off to Arthur Morris” when recalling the superlative effort….Soon after tea, Morris went into a flurry of boundaries, hitting three in a row to reach 169
Don Bradman, Arthur Morris mastermind Invincible Australia?s 404-run chase - Latest Cricket News, Articles & Videos at CricketCountry.com

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Indeed, really nice pick. I had him in the shortlist though knew he wouldn't last long. Having already picked one opener I proceeded to fill other spots, think I gambled with picking Constantine this early, let's see how it pans out.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the most economical spinner of all-time and a useful lower order bat...Hedley Verity

_
_
Weekes
Hammond
_
_
_
Verity
_
Trueman
_

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon by about Round 8-9 we'll start having to choose players we've never heard of... well at least me anyway

Red

Norm O'Neill- would've been a very good ODI bat.

...he was nonetheless a back-foot player of astonishing power, and a broad-shouldered Adonis who gave off a golden aura of good health. He shone in his first series, against England in 1958-59, demonstrated great adaptability in India and Pakistan a year later, and adorned the 1960-61 Tied Test with 181 in 401 minutes: an innings that, in Jack Fingleton's words, "sparkled like champagne".
- cricinfo