• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pujara at 8 on that list playing only one format is the most impressive thing there IMO. :)
It’s sorted by average and he plays in the format that averages highest over time for top order batsmen so not sure how it is relevant. If it were sorted by runs scored that would be a different matter.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It’s sorted by average and he plays in the format that averages highest over time for top order batsmen so not sure how it is relevant. If it were sorted by runs scored that would be a different matter.

I did not see it was sorted by average. Thought it was by runs and that is why I thought it was impressive. My mistake.

SeamUp

International Coach
Highest percentage of dismissals "bowled" in Tests
(min 100 dismissals)
42.71% (44/103) JR Reid (NZ)
30.64% (38/124) WR Hammond (Eng)
30.25% (36/119) TG Evans (Eng)
29.83% (37/124) CA Walsh (WI)
28.69% (33/115) JM Bairstow (Eng)

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
India has had a wonderful overall decade in ODI cricket. A win loss ratio of nearly 2 ! Only USA and Namibia ahead.

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

Also has a positive win loss difference against all top teams except Australia against whom it is an even 16-16.

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

Underachieved in the second half of the decade as far as global tournaments are concerned but would happily take this decade.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Winning a test series in Australia - the first for any Asian side - is the highlight for Indian cricket, just like 2004 was for Aus cricket.

h_hurricane

Winning a test series in Australia - the first for any Asian side - is the highlight for Indian cricket, just like 2004 was for Aus cricket.
Yeah, certainly. I was speaking more from ODI perspective. It would always be in this order for me this decade.

1. Test Series victory in Australia in 2018
2. WC victory in 2011
3. Champions Trophy win in 2013
4. Series victory at home against Australia in 2017, was a heck of a series, always fabulous when you can come from behind and win like that..

Top of the priority list for next decade, series victory in SA.

stephen

Yeah, certainly. I was speaking more from ODI perspective. It would always be in this order for me this decade.

2. WC victory in 2011
4. Series victory at home against Australia in 2017, was a heck of a series, always fabulous when you can come from behind and win like that..

You might be able to pull it off with the depleted South Africa we see now.

h_hurricane

You might be able to pull it off with the depleted South Africa we see now.
Not a given by any means. India has a habit of making a moderately difficult task look impossible. Should have won the series last time. Shaking my head over those horrible team selections which along with an inability to chase middling targets playing a major part in that loss.

Bijed

International Regular
Stolen straight from Cricinfo: Rassie van der Dussen is the first man to make a score of 50+ on his T20I debut, ODI debut, and Test debut

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

2. WC victory in 2011

It's not one single highlight, but the home Test record since 2013 has been incredible.

Won every series, losing only one Test in the process. :) I think that's a historically good achievement, especially because there have hardly been any draws either. Hope they can keep it going for a while yet.

Slifer

International Captain
It's not one single highlight, but the home Test record since 2013 has been incredible.

Won every series, losing only one Test in the process. :) I think that's a historically good achievement, especially because there have hardly been any draws either. Hope they can keep it going for a while yet.
India will. Aside from Australia no team will be challenging india in india anytime soon.

h_hurricane

Most international wickets this decade. In bracket, percentage of home wickets.

Ashwin 564 (59.9%)
Anderson 535 (62.4%)
Broad 525 (60.7%)
Southee 472 (56.3%)
Boult 458 (59.6%)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus Labuschagne has the 2nd highest average of any test cricketer. Also, the top 4 test batsmen in history by average are all Australian, fancy that.

mr_mister

What kind of minimum are we using? 20 innings, 1000 runs?

Sid Barnes qualifies too when you use the 1000 run metric

mr_mister

Damn. Barnes was 1 innings off eternal glory and endless lists

13 tests and only 19 innings too is pretty unlucky for an opener