• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Quarter Finals

Spark

Global Moderator
They've earned it tbf. Many other teams would have let in multiple tries during that assault between 15 and 30 minutes from Japan.

Flem274*

123/5
True. And watching England get shredded next week will be interesting.

My comment was purely tongue in cheek, as NZ are by far and away the best team in the cup
i hate the english and the way they play but they're a serious problem. you could argue ireland showed their hand one year too early and were worked out, but england haven't slipped.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's an awful old cliche, but RSA have earned the right to play. Smashed the Blossoms up front, over to the ladies in the backs for some gloss.

Flem274*

123/5
They've earned it tbf. Many other teams would have let in multiple tries during that assault between 15 and 30 minutes from Japan.
yep the bok defence has been immense. literally the only time they've broken all wc was for 3 minutes against the all blacks going full meme.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Japan. An amazing world cup showing and looked interesting in that first half.

South Africa really earned this win.

Think they will destroy Wales next week based on tonights performances.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, fair play to SA, just too big, strong and clinical in that second half. They’ll be very hard to beat and will make a worthy final opponent for NZ. Japan needed that kind of magic spell that they produced against Scotland to get a lead early and it didn’t happen for them. You still have to give them all the credit in the world for what they’ve done here though.

Bit of a bummer QF round with the big boys waltzing through to the semis without breaking a sweat. Hope the NZ v Eng game offers a bit more of a spectacle next week.

Flem274*

123/5
congrats sa, after surviving the typhoon they were clincal and ruthless.

japan are the most fun team to watch in world rugby. they probably need to do a northern hemisphere and purchase some players to beef up where they're weak but it's great to see so many new japanese stars lead by a man who has lived there since he was 13 instead of the cynicism of certain other unions. i hope they keep jamie jospehs and tony brown.

go wales next week. would be fun for them to finally make a final, but i don't see it happening. like ireland they're going backwards but to a lesser extent.

england can **** off. the indian cricket of rugby.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't follow rugby at all until there's the final stages of a World Cup and England are still in. Can someone tell me whether England have a cat in hells chance against New Zealand before I decide whether to watch it?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't follow rugby at all until there's the final stages of a World Cup and England are still in. Can someone tell me whether England have a cat in hells chance against New Zealand before I decide whether to watch it?
I'd say a pretty decent chance purely based on what I've seen in this tournament. NZ the better on-paper side but England aren't far off and have a very well-rounded game.