• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The protege Ravindra Jadeja vs Shane Warne his early days mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly think we should play both Jaddu and Ashwin with our 3 first choice seamers if Hardik is not fit. The 6th batsman does not often do better than a Jaddu or Ash would, with the bat. And I really think their effectivity will be better if we had both of them instead of just one to tie things up.

Lets face it. Finger spinners are always gonna be hit out at some point when playing in Australia. We have smashed Lyon there as well and its only the better pace back up that helps him get wickets. So we know whoever plays will get hit out of the park a few spells but if you have the other as another fall back option, it might help keep the seamers fresh enough.

Of course, if we have a fit Hardik then we can always play Jaddu ahead of Ash and let Pant bat 6, Hardik bat 7 with a view of giving him few more overs and Jaddu can bat 8.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
Jadeja needs to focus more on batting,he has the ability to take that average upto 40,3 first class hundreds dont lie,
Warne was an overrated fatty,just bcoz he performed against a side who hasnt produced an ATG player since the 80s ,he gets hyped up.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Comfortably better batsman, fielder and a not hugely worse bowler than Warne. For all the disingenuous talk of Jadeja being useless overseas (he isn't), he's done a good job in unfriendly conditions loads of times and has never been close to as thoroughly humiliated as Warne was whenever he played India.

Jadeja is sometimes left out in favour of ashwin (one of the greatest finger spinners ever) . Warne was outperformed by Colin ****ing Miller and rightly binned.

Burgey

The batsmen Jadeja dismissed in Australia were Harris, 2 Marshes, Khawaja and Paine. Still better than some of the most frequently dismissed players by Warne i.e Harmison, Giles, Caddick etc.
That's actually a very, very debatable point tbh

Burgey

I honestly think we should play both Jaddu and Ashwin with our 3 first choice seamers if Hardik is not fit. The 6th batsman does not often do better than a Jaddu or Ash would, with the bat.
Oh mate, I genuinely think this is a really bad idea over here. Particularly in the D/N test at Adelaide and Brisbane. Could certainly justify it in Melbourne which just sucks not only as a city but as a wicket.

Burgey

On the converse, if Rohit Sharma played that percentage of matches at home, he would be having the second best batting average of all time.
Only if he played all of them within the 18 month period he's actually been decent at the format.

TheJediBrah

I honestly think we should play both Jaddu and Ashwin with our 3 first choice seamers if Hardik is not fit. The 6th batsman does not often do better than a Jaddu or Ash would, with the bat. And I really think their effectivity will be better if we had both of them instead of just one to tie things up.

Lets face it. Finger spinners are always gonna be hit out at some point when playing in Australia. We have smashed Lyon there as well and its only the better pace back up that helps him get wickets. So we know whoever plays will get hit out of the park a few spells but if you have the other as another fall back option, it might help keep the seamers fresh enough.

Of course, if we have a fit Hardik then we can always play Jaddu ahead of Ash and let Pant bat 6, Hardik bat 7 with a view of giving him few more overs and Jaddu can bat 8.
lmao, you had me until then. I bet you legitmately believe this too.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

He believes it because it's correct. Pujara made him his bitch last year
You think it's accurate to say that the only reason Lyon is an order of magnitude more effective in Australia than most spinners is because the better pace attack helps him pick up wickets? I'd love for that to be true because I do, and always have, hated Lyon but it's absolute rubbish.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Warne averaged 40 in west indies though. Another win for Jadeja with his fantastic average of <26.
Ya, and again, Warne's average vs one of the best teams of his era is 40 something. He stat padded vs players who can't play spin.
Jadeja averages 19 vs the two best teams of his era.

TheJediBrah

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh mate, I genuinely think this is a really bad idea over here. Particularly in the D/N test at Adelaide and Brisbane. Could certainly justify it in Melbourne which just sucks not only as a city but as a wicket.
I understand what you are saying but honestly our 6th batsman sucks that much too. I suppose I can see a point in playing Vihari but I honestly think he should play ahead of Rahane anyways.

Either way, they are not gonna do it. Its just something I wish they would. That is all. Melbourne and Sydney might force their hand to play both though and it might end up being good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.