• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Power of Hypocrisy - an anti BCCI rant

Debris

International 12th Man
I am not gonna trust Waugh and Warne blindly like some Aussie supporter... I think an investigation would have shed a lot MORE light into what actually went on than what was reported. So that is a BIG BIG mistake by CA right there...

And as for wanting to change rules when your team is found out, check what Chappell had to say about the bouncer rules and Australia/Windies cricket...

I am saying this again and again. I am not trying to say CA did nothing for cricket.. They have done a lot but quite a few of it was motivated by personal needs juz like how it is happening with BCCI...
Well it did all come out in the end and it was basically Warne and Waugh took money for making pitch and weather reports. I have seen no credible source to say that they ever did anything more than that. The issue was the source of the money. CA handled it badly as I said and should have made it public but it is hardly a huge mistake. Unless you have some information the rest of us don't have.

Ian Chappell has a history with CA going back to the 70s and the pay dispute (he wanted more money, they did not want to give it to him). He has had an axe to grind against CA ever since and uses every opportunity to stick the knife in.

I remember the issue with the bouncers and the law was introduced because of concerns that the number of bouncers was making cricket boring (as was the number overs being bowled) and to simplify things for umpires. When the two bouncer rule was actually introduced, it could be argued that the side it disadvantaged most was...... Australia.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Take the topic of this thread for starters. There was an agreement in place that there would be a rotational policy in place which lasted exactly as long as it suited BCCI and no longer. And the people India have put up have been far less acceptable.
Sorry, that's rubbish. The BCCI was NOT the main force behind rejecting Howard, and it has no effect beyond forcing Australia/New Zealand to find someone new. It isn't a rejection of the rotational policy at all, so you're pretty much making **** up here.

They are trying to force other countries into not playing cricket while IPL is on.
Haha, and how have they been trying to 'force' countries to do that? Evidence please, since you're so demanding of evidence from others (re. Warne/Waugh scandal etc).

They took no action at all against Harbajan Singh and used the threat of a cancelled tour to get their way when he was found to have uttered racist comments.
There's a slight difference between alleged and found. He was not found to have uttered racist comments, he was suspected of having done so.

I wouldn't normally reply to this thread because frankly, the topic isn't such a big deal to me, but utter falsehoods like I've quoted are pretty poor. It's not like you have to make up **** to smear the BCCI, I'm sure you could do it without resorting to false claims.

Debris

International 12th Man
Sorry, that's rubbish. The BCCI was NOT the main force behind rejecting Howard, and it has no effect beyond forcing Australia/New Zealand to find someone new. It isn't a rejection of the rotational policy at all, so you're pretty much making **** up here.

Haha, and how have they been trying to 'force' countries to do that? Evidence please, since you're so demanding of evidence from others (re. Warne/Waugh scandal etc).

There's a slight difference between alleged and found. He was not found to have uttered racist comments, he was suspected of having done so.

I wouldn't normally reply to this thread because frankly, the topic isn't such a big deal to me, but utter falsehoods like I've quoted are pretty poor. It's not like you have to make up **** to smear the BCCI, I'm sure you could do it without resorting to false claims.
Really, if it was not the BCCI who was it? Reporters have been saying that the vote was just a rubber stamp and agreement was that no-one would be rejected. This is respected cricket reporters, mind you, not just me. They also suggested the reason Howard was rejected was that he might force some accountability from BCCI. I haven't gone that far. The strange thing here is that Howard was called a racist for objecting to Zimbabwe's blatantly racist policies and this was suggested as a reason he was rejected. No official reason was given for rejecting him. Not sure what the policy is on posting links is but a 10 second search will find you the relevant articles.

Mike Procter hit Harbhajan Singh with a three-match ban after the Sydney test for making racist comments. That is more than just alleged. And then the BCCI threw a huge dummy spit and threatened to go home. Again extremely well documented.

Officials from the BCCI had been pushing for a window in the test program in April/May to allow for IPL. This was actually posted on the IPL website. I will concede this one though as there have since been statements from BCCI saying that room cannot be found to accommodate it and that enough of a natural window exists.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well it did all come out in the end and it was basically Warne and Waugh took money for making pitch and weather reports. I have seen no credible source to say that they ever did anything more than that. The issue was the source of the money. CA handled it badly as I said and should have made it public but it is hardly a huge mistake. Unless you have some information the rest of us don't have.

Ian Chappell has a history with CA going back to the 70s and the pay dispute (he wanted more money, they did not want to give it to him). He has had an axe to grind against CA ever since and uses every opportunity to stick the knife in.

I remember the issue with the bouncers and the law was introduced because of concerns that the number of bouncers was making cricket boring (as was the number overs being bowled) and to simplify things for umpires. When the two bouncer rule was actually introduced, it could be argued that the side it disadvantaged most was...... Australia.
NO, it was the Windies.. Pretty simple fact, tbh..

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Really, if it was not the BCCI who was it? Reporters have been saying that the vote was just a rubber stamp and agreement was that no-one would be rejected. This is respected cricket reporters, mind you, not just me. They also suggested the reason Howard was rejected was that he might force some accountability from BCCI.
So, no evidence then, just conspiracy theories. All the evidence that we know currently points to other nations having doubts about Howard and the BCCI joining them at the last moment.

Mike Procter hit Harbhajan Singh with a three-match ban after the Sydney test for making racist comments. That is more than just alleged. And then the BCCI threw a huge dummy spit and threatened to go home. Again extremely well documented.
I like how you ignore the also extremely well documented Hansen report which did not prove any racism charge. It remains alleged, the word of one team against the word of another. It's upto you as to who you trust, but don't throw around terms like "he was found" when the evidence doesn't back you up.

Anyway, I'm tired of this topic. As I said, I just came in to correct your misconceptions - if you refuse to look at it objectively, then I can't do anything about it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So, no evidence then, just conspiracy theories. All the evidence that we know currently points to other nations having doubts about Howard and the BCCI joining them at the last moment.

I like how you ignore the also extremely well documented Hansen report which did not prove any racism charge. It remains alleged, the word of one team against the word of another. It's upto you as to who you trust, but don't throw around terms like "he was found" when the evidence doesn't back you up.

Anyway, I'm tired of this topic. As I said, I just came in to correct your misconceptions - if you refuse to look at it objectively, then I can't do anything about it.
Hansen actually mentioned that even if Harbhajan did say the word he was alleged to have said, it would not be a racial insult in that context under normal application of that word......... Or something to that effect...

But as usual, why let facts get in the way of trolling abt the BCCI? :)

Sir Alex

Banned
Agree with Dasa. The Indian Board's worst irrefutable criticism is that it allowed a **** politician like Pawar to helm it.

jeevan

International 12th Man
If the BCCI has this much clout, and is this much unafraid to throw it around - then what I don't understand is why, two years ago, it would agree to this rotation thing? Rotation of the presidency is a very recent development. Morgan, 2 years ago was the first. Pawar is the second.

It, apparently, has all the Asian votes sewn up. All it needs to do is fund ZC and WICB to the tune of a few million USD a year. And after that, every president of BCCI automatically acquires the ICC presidency.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the BCCI has this much clout, and is this much unafraid to throw it around - then what I don't understand is why, two years ago, it would agree to this rotation thing? Rotation of the presidency is a very recent development. Morgan, 2 years ago was the first. Pawar is the second.

It, apparently, has all the Asian votes sewn up. All it needs to do is fund ZC and WICB to the tune of a few million USD a year. And after that, every president of BCCI automatically acquires the ICC presidency.
Why bother with the small stuff when they control the decisions which will financially reward their supporters e.g. 2014 T20 wc going to a country with poor cricket/tourism infrastructure and a largely impoverished population that wont be able to afford the tickets

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Why bother with the small stuff when they control the decisions which will financially reward their supporters e.g. 2014 T20 wc going to a country with poor cricket/tourism infrastructure and a largely impoverished population that wont be able to afford the tickets
What is the point being made here?
1. BD does not deserve to host a hit & giggles tournament.(their first one ever) and will not do a good job.
2. Cricket infrastructure (which is good enough for tests) is not good enough for said tournament.
3. In a world not influenced by the BCCI, a poor country like BD would never get a chance like this.
4. Some of the above.
5. All of the above.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is the point being made here?
1. BD does not deserve to host a hit & giggles tournament.(their first one ever) and will not do a good job.
2. Cricket infrastructure (which is good enough for tests) is not good enough for said tournament.
3. In a world not influenced by the BCCI, a poor country like BD would never get a chance like this.
4. Some of the above.
5. All of the above.
Basically that they have only been awarded it in front of many more deserving countries (including India) because they support the BCCI

Sir Alex

Banned
Basically that they have only been awarded it in front of many more deserving countries (including India) because they support the BCCI
Yes. So what is the issue? I don't think crowds are going to be a problem if any of past tournaments held there are taken into consideration. They hosted the Champions Trophy in 1998 and they weren't a test nation then.

pasag

RTDAS
It is a bit weird they don't have one though. It's strange how they haven't adopted some of the best practices from the IPL. The IPL's internet and social media strategies were amongst the best cricket (or sport even) has seen. Part of the fun of following the last edition of the IPL was to see how far they could push the line doing online stuff that actual works and engages fans. It was so successful it's strange the parent hasn't adopted anything like it yet.

Sir Alex

Banned
It is a bit weird they don't have one though. It's strange how they haven't adopted some of the best practices from the IPL. The IPL's internet and social media strategies were amongst the best cricket (or sport even) has seen. Part of the fun of following the last edition of the IPL was to see how far they could push the line doing online stuff that actual works and engages fans. It was so successful it's strange the parent hasn't adopted anything like it yet.
They already have a functional website which serves their need. Dunno the need for a seperate site really.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BCCI the early adopters of this internet thing in 2009. Clearly not getting enough credit.

Their Cricket Information Management System is looking forward to 1998. Not quite as exciting as the excitement soon to be promised by the Gujarat cricket association tho. Obviously they are promising more excitement, which will be hard to handle..the webpage they have now is already pushing the limit of excitedness.

And for the record, I'm not judging the organization by its website. The website is far superior to the organization.

Last edited: