• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most nondescript cricketers

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It's good to know the old mantra "There's only one Tendulkar" is the utter tosh I always thought it was.
The evolution of the Tendulkar family over generations has been interesting. From a poet to an ATG batsman to a left arm bowler. Arjun's kid might become a chess player.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Of the original four listed, Ross Edwards was a brilliant cover fielder and averaged 40 in an era when it wasn't that common. He might not have stood out next to Chappell x2 and Walters however.

And Kim Barnett was anything but unremarkable. Go find video of him batting if you've never seen him.

cnerd123

likes this
the problem with this thread is that if i'm able to think of a cricketer's name for this discussion, then by definition he wasn't nondescript

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
the problem with this thread is that if i'm able to think of a cricketer's name for this discussion, then by definition he wasn't nondescript

TBH if this was the ONLY thread that made you think of said cricketer, it could be ok. :)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hitesh Modi is the closest Kenyan to the description in the opening post. He did get given out lbw by his own dad in an ODI.

I bet none you have heard of Malhar Patel

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
T Kumaran

Managed to tour Australia with the Indian team in 1999-2000 and played a handful of ODIs. Yet so non descript that he didn't even get 100 wickets in first class or domestic ODs.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roger Telemachus
Michael Vandort

And from our team:
Brendan Bess
Deighton Butler
Lionel Baker
Dinanath Ramnarine
Rawle Lewis
Ryan Austin
Nehemiah Perry