• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most nondescript cricketers

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
No reason to like or dislike them. They're just there doing their job.

Tim Robinson
Lawrence Rowe
Kim Barnett
Ross Edwards

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think most cricketers have some kind of personal quirks, even if it's just one we project onto them.

Samaraweera seemed pretty unremarkable, but that became his thing: the most unremarkable batsman to maintain a 50+ test average.

And then he ruined it by tailing off and finishing with 48.something, but still more than noted self-regarders Boycott and Pietersen.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ojha. Most SLA spinners apart from a couple of notable exceptions like Fatteh fall into this category TBF.

Shafiq. Averages 35-40 in every series without ever having a noticeable impact on the result. Has somehow managed to play 70 Tests and never get dropped or moved from the No. 5 position.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think most cricketers have some kind of personal quirks, even if it's just one we project onto them.

Samaraweera seemed pretty unremarkable, but that became his thing: the most unremarkable batsman to maintain a 50+ test average.

And then he ruined it by tailing off and finishing with 48.something, but still more than noted self-regarders Boycott and Pietersen.
Samaraweera is the reason the mods have to delete a spam thread about black magic every week tho

tony p

First Class Debutant
a few nondescript county openers i have seen over the years. they were very effective but didn't play many innings that live long in the memory.

richard montgomerie - sussex
grahame clinton- surrey
steve stubbings- derbyshire
tony wright- gloucestershire
paul weekes- middlesex
tim boon- leicestershire.

if you watched county cricket in the 1980's or 1990's you'll understand why.

darren stevens, bowling, you wonder how he gets so many wickets, but he does.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Felt Anil Kumble was one of these guys till at least 1995.

From India, I have to say Pravin Amre in my time of watching the game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
No reason to like or dislike them. They're just there doing their job.

Tim Robinson
Lawrence Rowe
Kim Barnett
Ross Edwards

Kim Barnett used to really annoy me with some of his pronouncements back in the late 1980s. Not that I can remember what he said now.