• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Entertaining Pace Bowler to Watch

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is based off of my youth. Shoaib Akhtar was one of my favorites. Brett Lee was next.

And then there was Shane Bond in the 2003 cricket World Cup. It was beautiful.

Dale Steyn was ?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and Bumrah these days is so much fun. Especially if you see from pov of Indian fans who have never before had a world class pace bowler.

Shady Slim

International Coach
question like this lends itself to the carnal fire and fury of the fastest of the fast and i don't disagree with naming any of their names

but may i also say when a guy like broad, anderson, or philander is on song there's something captivating about seeing batsmen who know they're cooked trying to find an answer to a ball swinging around corners and none coming up

Shady Slim

International Coach
question like this lends itself to the carnal fire and fury of the fastest of the fast and i don't disagree with naming any of their names

but may i also say when a guy like broad, anderson, or philander is on song there's something captivating about seeing batsmen who know they're cooked trying to find an answer to a ball swinging around corners and none coming up
i suppose what i'm trying to say here is there's something obviously captivating about watching a bowler who can make a batsman fear for his life, but there's also imho something equally but differently captivating about watching a guy who can make international players look as if they've never picked up a bat before

ashley bach

International Captain
Waqar, Lee, Bond, Wasim, Hadlee Shoaib, Ambrose, Steyn, Holding, Donald,Marshall, Boult, Mcgrath, Anderson ,Mcdermott, Pollock, Walsh, Tait,
Ntini, Imran, Garner, Wagner, Botham, Bumrah, Roberts, Hazlewood
***may not be in exact correct order

subshakerz

International Coach
For me it is Shoaib. The most box office pacer of all-time

First there is the long run up, building a sense of anticipation.

Then there is his exciting bowling action, arms flaying around, you can see the sheer effort he is putting into each ball and hear his grunts.

Then as a bowler, he was not just class but also unpredictable. He could bounce a batsman, york him, hit him, beat him with pace, or be smashed around. Even if the batsman blocks him, you would go to the speedometer to check his mph. Later he added a looping, slower ball too as a jack in the box. Something was always happening making for compulsive viewing.

On top of that, Shoaib had a nasty, bullying presence, unlike guys like Waqar and Brett Lee, and was slightly more of a physical threat as he seemed to have a heavier ball.

Shoaib's bowling made for some grand memorable moments too. His bowling out Dravid and Tendulkar in Calcutta, the whole 99 WC spectacle, the lightning spell at Perth, the battle with Tendulkar in WC 2003, his destruction of Australia in Colombo, even his spell in the IPL.

No pacer beats Shoaib for sheer entertainment value.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lillee was before my time but there’s a ton of footage

Ambrose was amazing

Alderman in England