• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kumar Sangakkara Fan Club

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good job I resisted in this case then eh? :dry:

(In all seriousness, the reasonless dig is now a thing of the past. These days, the rules state that if a thread is dug for no good reason, the new posts will be deleted.)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Where do I sign up?
The man's a ruddy genius. Great to watch, scores tons of runs, can keep wicket, brainy chap and a good writer.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Kalu is the best keeper produced by SL IMO and he was one of the best going around when he was playing.
Short memories or too young.Mahesh Goonathillake was the best SL had. Prasanna Jayawardane is not far behind. Sanga is good, so was Guy de Alwis. Then there's daylight between the rest.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well, let's see:
- He's a reasonable gloveman and was a decent Test/ODI wicketkeeper batsman
- He can be outrageously prolific when he wants to be
- He can play some stunning shots, being particularly good through the offside from what I've seen
- Fairly astute
- Has thrived at times where others around him have failed miserably (i.e - Hobart)

On the other hand, he clearly doesn't realise his potential as a batsman when he has to juggle responsibilities (i.e - keep wicket + bat), his strike rate in ODI's seems a bit low considering that he hails from the subcontinent, plus he benefits a lot from Bangladesh + Zimbabwe (though both teams were/are more competitive in the shorter format). But those are relatively minor quibbles.

Last edited: