• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley" XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Brian Lara kicked down a chair in the T&T dressing room after getting out against Barbados.

He gained street cred.

Brian Lara apologized to the public on the PA system first thing the following morning.

He lost street cred.

Point? Not sure. There's a moral involving a chair somewhere in here though.
uh, don't lose street cred?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
uh, don't lose street cred?
Or "eat your vegetables." Either will do.

That post started with me proclaiming Lara as a hardc0re...umm... person. Halfway through I realized that he apologized and therefore isn't quite hardcore. Hence, vegetables.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Or "eat your vegetables." Either will do.

That post started with me proclaiming Lara as a harc0re...umm... person. Halfway through I realized that he apologized and therefore isn't quite hardcore. Hence, vegetables.
totally saw that one coming

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Brian Lara kicked down a chair in the T&T dressing room after getting out against Barbados.

He gained street cred.

Brian Lara apologized to the public on the PA system first thing the following morning.

He lost street cred.

Point? Not sure. There's a moral involving a chair somewhere in here though.
Is that the most famous chair in World Cricket?

Rumours have it that it was next seen being thrown at Brett Lee...

howardj

International Coach
Navjot Sidhu - I may be wrong, but I think he's the only cricketer, before he retired, to be convicted of murder.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Navjot Sidhu - I may be wrong, but I think he's the only cricketer, before he retired, to be convicted of murder.
Ntini was convicted (or at least charged) with rape, I think.

Deja moo

International Captain
Hansie Cronje ?
Any guy who drives a cricket bat through the door to your hotel room deserves atleast a mention.

howardj

International Coach
Deja moo said:
Hansie Cronje ?
Any guy who drives a cricket bat through the door to your hotel room deserves atleast a mention.
In fairness to Hansie, it was actually a stump through the Umpire's dressing-room door, in Adelaide in 2002. Or this could have been in addition to the hotel room incident.

Chubb

International Regular
Peter Roebuck. One scary, messed-up guy.

Eddo Brandes, because he's an archetypal tough rhodesian who looks like he wrestles with lions in his spare time (when not farming chickens)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
howardj said:
In fairness to Hansie, it was actually a stump through the Umpire's dressing-room door, in Adelaide in 2002. Or this could have been in addition to the hotel room incident.
Wasn't the stump through the umpire's dressing room door way back in 97? Cronje had been banned for a while by the time 2002 came along ;)

Deja moo

International Captain
howardj said:
There were 2 incidents ? I had the stump and umpires room incident in mind while writing that. Just fuzzy about the details.

Deja moo

International Captain
Chubb said:
Peter Roebuck. One scary, messed-up guy.

Eddo Brandes, because he's an archetypal tough rhodesian who looks like he wrestles with lions in his spare time (when not farming chickens)
Guys who think of bisuits on the cricket field aren't scary. Just imagine him walking up an alley with an opened biscuit packet in his hand, munching away contentedly...:laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite frankly if I saw the face of Scott Styris with his current look (crew-cut with goatie) in a dark alley, i'd be wanting to get out of there pretty quick!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
There were 2 incidents ? I had the stump and umpires room incident in mind while writing that. Just fuzzy about the details.
Nah I believe you confused him too with the hotel statement. At least I think so, unless I'm missing an incident too (could not have happened in 2002 though!).

Langeveldt

Soutie
I played cricket with a Namibian guy who once killed a gazelle with his bare hands..

No his name wasn't Chuck Norris..

I think Rudi van Vuuren would be a pretty tough nut to crack if it was one on one in an alleyway..