• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley" XI

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
KP is very big, and he looks even bigger in person actually. He's very close to Gayle's height.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Andy Hall. This guy survived getting shot.
And been carjacked.

Harold Larwood as been mentioned, came out of the pits to try and bouce Bradman back to the pavillion.

Craig McMillan looks like a guy you wouldn't mess with.

Truekiwijoker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I agreed with all of these except for:

jack_sparrow said:
2. Graeme Smith (South Africa)
The South African skipper can raise the hair on an opponent's neck with a simple stare, his hefty jaw methodically chewing yet another stick of gum (that man must have shares!) as he squints towards the batsman like a schoolboy bully looking to add a few more bucks to his lunch-money collection. Damn bullies...
I think Smith is f***-all and I think he needs to be met in a dark alley.

jack_sparrow said:
11. Steve Harmison (England)
The quiet England fast bowler is one of the tallest players on the international scene. The mere fact that most would require a step-ladder to look him square in the eyes is reason enough for his inclusion. But he has to keep the beard because without it, well, he'd look like a skinny 12-year-old on stilts.
I've got the funny feeling he's got a Geordie accent, an would probably be pretty handy with his fists.

danish

U19 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
khaled Mahmud.
Have a sneaky feeling he may be good in martial arts or Karate.
The ONLY way he would be dangerous is if he was in a tank and knew how to operate one.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I once remember Geoffery Boycott saying he dosent want to get 1on 1 with Phil Simmons in a dark alley. I wonder what he meant by 1 on 1 :dry:

danish

U19 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
I once remember Geoffery Boycott saying he doesn't want to get 1on 1 with Phil Simmons in a dark alley. I wonder what he meant by 1 on 1 :dry:
I'm sure he meant a leisurely 1 on 1 chat with Phil Simmons:twisted: . Quite what he has against him puzzles me.