• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Overs Ever

subshakerz

International Coach
A list to share the best sequence of 5 to 6 deliveries bowled by a bowler that you have witnessed or heard of.

I think the most obvious ones would be Holding to Boycott and I think Flintoff to Langer and Ponting was another beauty. But I am sure there are others that have gone under the radar.

anil1405

International Captain
I don't know what you mean precisely by greatest but those last four deliveries on June 17, 1999 were packed with extreme emotions. Cannot forget it for wrong reasons.

subshakerz

International Coach
I don't know what you mean precisely by greatest but those last four deliveries on June 17, 1999 were packed with extreme emotions. Cannot forget it for wrong reasons.
I meant more based on the quality of bowling by the bowler. For example, this over by Wasim is perhaps the best I have seen by the bowler. He pushes Healy on the backfoot with bouncers and inswingers and then lures him with the outswinger and by the end he is so confused he knicks it. A masterclass.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
This wasn't a bad set:

Another one I remember clearly but can't find and video of is Martin Bicknell bowling to, I think, Jacques Rudolph. The first three deliveries are perfect outswingers which Rudolph gropes at and misses. Finally he leaves the fourth ball which is the inswinger and removes his off stump.

subshakerz

International Coach
This wasn't a bad set:

Another one I remember clearly but can't find and video of is Martin Bicknell bowling to, I think, Jacques Rudolph. The first three deliveries are perfect outswingers which Rudolph gropes at and misses. Finally he leaves the fourth ball which is the inswinger and removes his off stump.
That's a good call. Caddick was unplayable.

Steyn had an over against Ian Bell back in 2009 in which he set him up with his traditional outswingers and then bowled a straight one that went right through him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still remember Flintoff basically grabbing the ball from Vaughan's hands for an additional over in 2005 Ashes and then getting an important breakthrough.

There is also that spell by Ishant to Ponting.

subshakerz

International Coach
There is a lot of hype about this McGrath over. Likely the most accurate over ever though I think Nasser didn't play him particularly well.

smash84

The Tiger King
It was a one day, but McGrath's bowling in this match was some of the finest bowling I've ever seen. Would have been exceptional even if it was a test match.

Unfortunately its not ball by ball but 24:35 - 26:30

Xuhaib

International Coach
There was this one over Mohammad Asif bowled to Sangakara in kandy 2006 where he kept taking it away for first 5 balls having Sanga grope prod and the final ball from the same line and length he got one to come back and knock the off timber it was fascinating cricket and lovely to see a rookie pacer outschool a master batsman.

Mohammad Asif is one the the best bowler to world class batsmen I have ever seen.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Two balls up to the bat, a bouncer followed up by a much quicker bouncer, takes Kevin Pietersen who was at top of his game.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And here is that over from Flintoff to Langer and Ponting
And to think if all the idiots (like Dale Steyn) who think tests should have free hits had their way an over like that couldn't ever happen. Would be quite different with the batsman stepping back and having a no-consequence swing.