• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The greatest cricketers from the subcontinent - how would you rank them?

Slifer

International Captain
Not really. Sachin is Marshall/McGrath/Hadlee level.
I personally would rate their bowling over his batting. He has longevity on them but that's it. Marshall for example is sub 23 vs all comers, what's the batting equivalent to sub 23 maybe 50+? Plus he's goes at sub 25 in all countries (except for 32 over 3 tests in NZ). Again what would sub 25 be equivalent to, maybe 45+. Sachin is consistent but sub 23 vs all comers is insane.

subshakerz

International Coach
I personally would rate their bowling over his batting. He has longevity on them but that's it. Marshall for example is sub 23 vs all comers, what's the batting equivalent to sub 23 maybe 50+? Plus he's goes at sub 25 in all countries (except for 32 over 3 tests in NZ). Again what would sub 25 be equivalent to, maybe 45+. Sachin is consistent but sub 23 vs all comers is insane.
McGrath and Hadlee are certainly not sub 25 in all countries.

And Marshall only played in six countries compared to Tendulkar averaging 40 plus in 10 countries over a much longer time.

subshakerz

International Coach
If we add Sehwag, we have a team already

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Miandad
Sangakara +
Imran *
Shakib
Kapil
Akram
Murali

Waqar, Younis Khan, Dhoni, Aravinda, Mankad to make the 16 member squad
Never understood why people would choose to bench one of the only three ATG pacers from the SC to include Kapil or Shakib.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Do you rate Tendulkar over Marshall in Tests?
I would say so, only slightly, though I consider Marshall the best pacer ever, I consider Tendulkar the best since Bradman and that to me and his incredible longevity put him over Marshall in ATG rankings.