• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So it's going to be Scheffler and Morikawa in the final group! DeChambeau had a disappointing Saturday but that hole-out on 18 was phenomenal, should give him a boost going into Sunday. The way the course is playing, a lot of players are still in the mix. Tremendous from Homa to hang around and stay in contention on a birdie-less day. Aberg in the penultimate group on Sunday in his first major, the kid has some game! Morikawa and to a lesser extent Aberg were the only ones to "move" forward on moving day...there was a significant amount of movement backward, look at Tiger!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm really shouldn't have boasted about my prowess at betting in this Tournament, yesterday was a disaster. Oh and I just can't warm to Scottie. The charisma and warmth of a damp sock, but ho-hum, very good golfer.
Don't know...I really like his matter-of-fact style...personally think charisma is overrated... :)

Molehill

International Captain
Don't know...I really like his matter-of-fact style...personally think charisma is overrated... :)
He’s a genuinely nice guy, massively motivated by his best friend dying of cancer aged 20.

Kind of hope Aberg wins though, I’m developing somewhat of a golf crush on him. Love the way he plays (quickly) and right up there with Scheffler in ball striking.

I see the Homa/DeChambeau group were warned for slow play yesterday, they were miles behind the group in front. Some things don’t change with Bryson..

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm really shouldn't have boasted about my prowess at betting in this Tournament, yesterday was a disaster. Oh and I just can't warm to Scottie. The charisma and warmth of a damp sock, but ho-hum, very good golfer.
But he loves Jaysus!

He'll probably win tomorrow, and he seems like a decent bloke. I'd like to see Aberg get up though. It would be quite a story.

ripper868

International Coach
These greens are ridiculous.

Not a complaint, it's nice to see a return to a -7 or so being enough to win the whole thing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Costly double for Morikawa to close out the front nine! Here we go into the business end of the Masters!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
That will do it for Morikawa's chances. Scheffler struggling on 11, Homa will drop shots on 12.

Molehill

International Captain
Scheffler gets it done rather easily in the end…
Like I said, had a feeling that 9-2 was a decent price, his level of ball striking is so far ahead of everybody else's. Augusta has never been a putting competition and sooner or later, you get found out if you're not hitting it well. No surprise that Aberg was 2nd, probably the 2nd most consistent striker at the mo. A shame about that one bad shot into 11, but Scheffler won with a little in hand in the end anyway. It was interesting in that both on Sat and Sun he had a little wobble and opened the door for his competitors, but on both occasions, rather than pushing it open, they all went in the opposite direction.

He really is doing Tiger like things at the mo. It's now only 1 golfer who has beaten him in his last 4 tournaments. He's only finished outside the top 10 once all season, and that was a essentially a putting contest in January. A shorter course this week at Hilton Head (one of the best they play) may not be to his strengths, but he's going to take some beating in the PGA (Valhalla) and US Open (Pinehurst) at courses which will once again test ball striking.

Not a great tournament for LIV. Only DeChambeau really got involved whilst Smith had a creditable finish without ever threatening. The likes of Rahm, Koepka and DJ were abysmal.