• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Forumers' Ashes 2023

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The British equivalent of a rice cooker should be the prize. Maybe a tray for making Yorkshire Puddings.

Who was it that had the thing about Eoin Morgan winning a rice cooker as MOTM? I hope I haven’t imagined this.

Molehill

International Captain
The British equivalent of a rice cooker should be the prize. Maybe a tray for making Yorkshire Puddings.

Who was it that had the thing about Eoin Morgan winning a rice cooker as MOTM? I hope I haven’t imagined this.
I've always imagined myself as Yuvraj on a motorbike after a MOTM performance.

But as a proud Englishman, I'll take a deep fat fryer for some Friday night cod and chips!!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Second Test, Lord's

Day One

Australia won the toss and the visitors chose to make first use of the wicket. The call paid off as Jevali and Duff saw off the new ball attack without loss, Jevali absorbing most of the strike while Duff looked to play his shots. England rotated the attack and were able to keep the runs down, and the spinner Mole came on right at the end of the session to claim Jevali for 33 right on the stroke of lunch, the score 74/1.

After the break Duff and Slim pushed the scoring forward and the former rose his half century early in the afternoon session. The pair added a century stand to build an impressive platform for the visitors, Slim passing fifty quickly and Duff making it to exactly 100 right before the end of the session. The opener was finally dismissed by Smyth-Brown's outswinger and the tea break came with the away side on 175/2.

England's bowlers had it all to do in the final session, and when Delonge joined Slim to put on the Australians' third fifty stand in a row there were murmurs that this could be a huge score. England's spinners got the breakthrough in the final hour of the day's play when Mole induced an edge off Slim before Vicente took his first wicket of the series to cheaply dismiss Ruthless. In the fading light, Delonge was still there to claim another fifty while Kasinathan compiled an entertaining cameo of 31 before Davis' old ball spell sent him back. Australia had claimed the first day on 308/5.

1687928279070.png

Last edited: