• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL, Australia v New Zealand (THE BATTLE OF THE MITCHELLS) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/14 Sunday (N)

Victor Ian

International Coach
So this sucks. I'll probably have to turn the tv off if I want Australia to win :(
That's nice to wake up to. I'd like to say it was tactical, but truth was I was too tired and went to sleep. TV went off when NZ were 30 odd for nothing after a few overs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Called it, tbh.

Also, if anyone were to offer Australia the choice of opponents for KO games, they would have picked Pakistan and New Zealand. :p

Dada's task is now clear. Ensure the schedule of the next WC happens in such a way that Aus meet NZ in the semis and India avoids NZ.

EDIT: Was also wonderful to see Watson choke up in the post match discussion. It says something when it means so much to even a past player.

Congrats Australia and to all Aussie fans here.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Guptill as slow as a wet week, Sodhi totally choked, Softline didn’t do much, Phillips with another strange block, miss, or slog innings, Milne stuffed up royally with his first over to give Marsh huge momentum.

Only Kane and Boult really stood up. If Hazlewood hadn’t dropped Kane the game would have been a walkover.
Santner should've bowled that over. Milne comes on 145km, exactly as Marsh wants to start, one on his hip, and he's away

And yeah. If Haze takes that one at fine leg, we lose in the 14th over

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Mitch Marsh taking a liking to milne’s Faster than the average longhop-brand back in 2016. And yes, Southee did indeed finally get caught in the powerplay and ended up getting spanked. For the first time in the tournament, NZ really missing Lockie last night.

shame, but we all knew this was coming, well done Straya. I’m sure we’ll get you back in the meaningless bilateral T20 series scheduled for next Feb!

The Great One

Cricket Spectator
Special mention to Arun Finch for an ATG performance as a captain - winning 6 of the 7 tosses.
Finch’s major contribution to the win was winning most of the tosses and his captaincy. His batting apart from one game was ordinary. Starc did very little as well. They are the 2 players who should be under the most pressure to retain their spots.

Gob

International Coach
Think it's time for TPC to hang his boots in this format and focus entirely on tests and 50 world cup stuff. Green hits the ball a mile and adds to bowling too

Plus Philippe and Short

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I remember Mitch Marsh taking a liking to milne’s Faster than the average longhop-brand back in 2016. And yes, Southee did indeed finally get caught in the powerplay and ended up getting spanked. For the first time in the tournament, NZ really missing Lockie last night.

shame, but we all knew this was coming, well done Straya. I’m sure we’ll get you back in the meaningless bilateral T20 series scheduled for next Feb!
Revenge series!

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it's time for TPC to hang his boots in this format and focus entirely on tests and 50 world cup stuff. Green hits the ball a mile and adds to bowling too

Plus Philippe and Short
Starc should just retire tbh

Gob

International Coach
Starc should just retire tbh
Starc could go the opposite tbh. White ball is his stronger suit and he was decent up to today. Even here he was a tad unlucky and I'm not talking about the drop. His red ball form is the real worry especially if Jhye starts pushing it more

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Honestly, I didn't know it was coming. I honestly thought we'd be able to tie down Warner, that Santner would be much more effective to their RHers, that Southee might be able to do a job, Milne too. I honestly thought 172 was going to be enough, or at least if it wasn't it'd be a tight run thing. But yeah, real disappointed