• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL, Australia v New Zealand (THE BATTLE OF THE MITCHELLS) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/14 Sunday (N)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
hb likes bringing up IPL related stories in every thread of the tourney
Ah so srh is an IPL team. Hyderabad right?

Makes sense to talk about ipl in this tournament tbh, as far as how it affects performances. I’m sure Hazelwood benefited. Not sure how much the drama affects things here though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ah so srh is an IPL team. Hyderabad right?

Makes sense to talk about ipl in this tournament tbh, as far as how it affects performances. I’m sure Hazelwood benefited. Not sure how much the drama affects things here though.
He looked like he could barely remember how to hold a bat at the start, so it's definitely notable just how absolutely "on it" he looked by the end. It wasn't even his form, just his general demeanour in these last two innings looked 100% keyed in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely ridiculous a bloke could play a knock like Williamson in a final and not get the biscuits. Fmd it’s a cruel sport at times

thierry henry

International Coach
Part of me feels like we’re doomed to never win a ‘real’ World Cup (self-contained tournament format) while another part of me feels like the WTC is way more real than any T20 competition so it’s all ok

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
sorry aussies you're gonna have to start paying some rent

we've finally paid for our unrelenting faith in sodhi. I've been guilty of enjoying his **** wickets in JAMODIs but what this game showed is that test quality bowling pays off in finals cricket. FMD wasn't too shocked by ish but santner was the real disappointment, couldn't figure out his length despite beating marsh two or three times.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Lol Smith I remember after his first innings this tournament the betting websites had him big favourite to be top run scorer for the whole tournament after who knew he would get like 2 more hits after that first game

Flem274*

123/5
Part of me feels like we’re doomed to never win a ‘real’ World Cup (self-contained tournament format) while another part of me feels like the WTC is way more real than any T20 competition so it’s all ok
I watched every ball of the wtc final

I watched us bat against namibia in this and thats it.

Losing this game doesnt compare to losing conway for the indian series

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I watched every ball of the wtc final

I watched us bat against namibia in this and thats it.

Losing this game doesnt compare to losing conway for the indian series
Yeah making the final has somewhat distracted me from the fact that I absolutely don’t care about t20s whatsoever.

Now to get totally depressed watching us get flogged in the two tests against India though ?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Guptill as slow as a wet week, Sodhi totally choked, Softline didn’t do much, Phillips with another strange block, miss, or slog innings, Milne stuffed up royally with his first over to give Marsh huge momentum.

Only Kane and Boult really stood up. If Hazlewood hadn’t dropped Kane the game would have been a walkover.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah making the final has somewhat distracted me from the fact that I absolutely don’t care about t20s whatsoever.

Now to get totally depressed watching us get flogged in the two tests against India though ?
Not to worry, the madman schedule courtesy of the BCCI has ensured key players will rest against the no.1 ranked side in the world so they’re fresh for IPL again.

Given it’s just 2 tests there’s a good chance of a drawn series imo.

Aritro

International Regular
It's great for about three weeks at World Cup time before it slides back into its usual year-round white noise of ****named franchises and pointless bilaterals. It's actually been a lot of fun this time though

loterry1994

International Debutant
Man I wasn’t expecting New Zealand bowlers to get rolled after the first innings. Their bowlers I think have really carried them to get to finals in tournaments. I guess Australia never really have close finals. I don’t know if this closes New Zealand’s window for a while in winning a World Cup in either formats, but I think they’re best chance to ever win one is to come up against an inexperienced team in a final