• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Draft

Hoggy31

International Captain
The team now, All starting to come together very nicely

EJ Barlow
SJ McCabe
*DG Bradman
CH Lloyd
PA de Silva
M Azharuddin
IT Botham
+APE Knott
SK Warne
J Garner(2b)
DK Lillee(1b)

12th: JDP Oram

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Marc, in reference to the batting position of the players, is their best position determined by the amount of innings batted there, the average, or the runs scored?

For example, Shaun Pollock has:
50 innings, 1247 runs at no. 7 at 31.18
59 innings, 1303 runs at no. 8 at 29.62
20 innings, 534 runs at no. 9 at 41.08

So which one would be considered his best position?
I imagine he'll be a Lower Middle/Lower Order Batsman.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
Marc, in reference to the batting position of the players, is their best position determined by the amount of innings batted there, the average, or the runs scored?

For example, Shaun Pollock has:
50 innings, 1247 runs at no. 7 at 31.18
59 innings, 1303 runs at no. 8 at 29.62
20 innings, 534 runs at no. 9 at 41.08

So which one would be considered his best position?
In terms of position, the game will be told which position he batted most at in his career.

It doens't tend to differentiate between performance in that way, but might slightly change performance if they don't bat at their preferred place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Draft results:

Rohan Riders - CA Walsh
Testing Forum CC - WM Lawry
Sandgropers CC - Sandeep Patil
Penguins of King George - MS Atapattu
Toronto Tornados - JJC Lawson
Dyslexic Dymanos - DS Lehmann
Bunnies - JL Langer
Great Northern CC - CAG Russell
Dynamo Morpork - SM Nurse
Jaffna Jets - BR Taylor
Western Vikings - AME Roberts
Leicestershire Foxes - AV Bedser

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 15 - will aim to run Wednesday this week UK time:

I think I've worked out who has what nations needed to be selected, but cannot be 100% guaranteed.

vic_orthdox (No nation restrictions)
superkingdave (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
age_master (Need 1 from Ban, Ind)
andyc (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
FaaipDeOiad (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
Blaze (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
Samuel_Vimes (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
chaminda_00 (Need 1 from Ban, Pak)
Mister Wright (No nation restrictions)
garage flower (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
Jamee999 (Need 1 from Ban, Zim)
Hoggy31 (Need 1 from Ban, Pak)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's 16 rounds aren't there Marc, so we don't have to choose our Zimbwean/Bangladesh (crap) player till next round, right?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
welcom CAG, you may be another opener but i couldn't ignore the 56.87 average at this stage, now for a 'deshi
Man i thought everyone was going to forget about him, oh well i got 6 50+ bats, but one more would have been nice. Im happy to pick up Bruce Taylor, sorts out my Kiwi player and my 3rd seamer.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
IMO I allready have 3 keepers.

Gilchrist(duh), Gurusinha(has kept in a test), and Dravid(would be very crap, but has kept in ODIs)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jamee999 said:
I presume we need 2 wicketkeepers?
Yeah Marc. Do we need 2 keepers? Or can we just nominate a batsman to keep if we only have one wicket keeper selected and he gets injured?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jamee999 said:
IMO I allready have 3 keepers.

Gilchrist(duh), Gurusinha(has kept in a test), and Dravid(would be very crap, but has kept in ODIs)
Only 1 of those 3 is a keeper in the game.

And if players want to go in with one keeper and he gets injured, they'll have to muddle through the best they can...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Only 1 of those 3 is a keeper in the game.

And if players want to go in with one keeper and he gets injured, they'll have to muddle through the best they can...
But if they've kept in internationals before, why wouldn't they have part-time keeper status? Guys like Justin Langer, Rahul Dravid etc are capable of keeping, they're just not very good.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
But if they've kept in internationals before, why wouldn't they have part-time keeper status? Guys like Justin Langer, Rahul Dravid etc are capable of keeping, they're just not very good.
there is no 'part time keeper' status in the sim though