• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CWPL Media Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, in the spirit of the posts made in the Forumer World Cup, post news articles relating to your team, players, or anything that would be in the media, in here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Shady backroom ownership deal leaves team confused

A last-minute ownership switch of the newly-named Beautiful Souls team in the CW Premier League has left players bamboozled.

"I'm confused," says Shane Watson, "who am I playing for again?"

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior, however, was more philosophical, telling reporters "At least we have a name now. And a ground. Training out at Chris Gayle's backyard is a bit too... interesting, to say the least."

More to follow

weeman27bob

International Regular
Riley bashes Brudenell

Weeman Riley, the team manager and well known Spennymorian, of the CWPL franchise Spennymoor Accordian Allstars has launched a shocking but scathing attack on the Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team.

According to Riley, Brudenell are "has-beens and flat track bullies the lot of them. That bloody Jayawardene is awful outside of the sub continent, it's laughable really." When confonted that Gautem Gambhir, the Indian opener, might also score most of his runs on favourable pitches, Riley chuckled.
"Gautem averages 75 in away test when his team have won the toss" he pointed out, "And Dilshan averages over 50 when opening the innings." Nobody can deny that this is an opening combination to be feared by almost all bowlers across the CWPL.

It wasn't just the Brudenell skipper who was in for criticism though. "That Afridi fella, biting balls and all sorts, it just isn't cricket, we've got some top quality Northern lads here, Hoggy and Bresnan who just want to play some cricket, not stick bails up their noses or what not."

"Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team look like like a bloody pub team team to me" Riley told us here at Cricket Today. "I can't wait till we demolish them at the Tip Foster Memorial Ground, I almost feel sorry for the fact that they're going to do awfully in the premier league, but only almost, I'm no mollycudling woman."

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shady backroom ownership deal leaves team confused

A last-minute ownership switch of the newly-named Beautiful Souls team in the CW Premier League has left players bamboozled.

"I'm confused," says Shane Watson, "who am I playing for again?"

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior, however, was more philosophical, telling reporters "At least we have a name now. And a ground. Training out at Chris Gayle's backyard is a bit too... interesting, to say the least."

More to follow
I used to be 2IC of Watto cheer-squad here at CricketWeb back before he'd established himself; I'm gutted to learn he doesn't even know who I am. :(

Howe_zat

Audio File
Riley bashes Brudenell

Weeman Riley, the team manager and well known Spennymorian, of the CWPL franchise Spennymoor Accordian Allstars has launched a shocking but scathing attack on the Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team.

According to Riley, Brudenell are "has-beens and flat track bullies the lot of them. That bloody Jayawardene is awful outside of the sub continent, it's laughable really." When confonted that Gautem Gambhir, the Indian opener, might also score most of his runs on favourable pitches, Riley chuckled.
"Gautem averages 75 in away test when his team have won the toss" he pointed out, "And Dilshan averages over 50 when opening the innings." Nobody can deny that this is an opening combination to be feared by almost all bowlers across the CWPL.

It wasn't just the Brudenell skipper who was in for criticism though. "That Afridi fella, biting balls and all sorts, it just isn't cricket, we've got some top quality Northern lads here, Hoggy and Bresnan who just want to play some cricket, not stick bails up their noses or what not."

"Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team look like like a bloody pub team team to me" Riley told us here at Cricket Today. "I can't wait till we demolish them at the Tip Foster Memorial Ground, I almost feel sorry for the fact that they're going to do awfully in the premier league, but only almost, I'm no mollycudling woman."

:laugh:

Let's see how your lot go on the Belle Vue dustbowl without a spinner. :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LUKE WRIGHT RAGES

Luke Wright has slammed CWPL bureaucrats for what he described as a "****-up" which saw him miss out on the pre-season friendly against some team managed by a Cornish dude.

In Wright's absence, CW Green's fringe side stumbled to an innings defeat that he would surely have been able to stave off. He may now find himself pipped to selection for the season's curtain raiser against Team Bring It by second-choice all-rounder Andrew Flintoff. Had Wright played in the game, Green would have been heavy favourites despite lacking several key players.

In an exclusive interview, Wright blasted administrators, stating, "****ing ****, I believe the guy who ****ed the paperwork up is called Prince EWS, what the **** is that about? I had tickets for the World Cup a couple of months ago and the wanker got that cancelled too. If I find him, God help him."

Prince EWS was not available for comment.

Coming next: Ryan Broad - How my CWPL dreams were dashed

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Mick Lewis Invitational XI prepares for first home fixture

In anticipation of the expected tight clash between the Mick Lewis Invitational XI and Good at BJs CC, the home team has faced the media for a photo opportunity with the sought after Cricket Web Premier League Trophy.

Many analysts predict this is the last time the Mick Lewis lead side will ever see this silverware.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Turbulence team owner Teja strikes a pose for the camera near the rain after the end of the rain-affected match with the squirts.

Sources report that individual copies of the picture along with individual custom made udometers have been mailed to all members of the Squirts.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Teja sued for impersonating the "Team Bring It!" chairman of selectors with a bad photoshop job. The CoS of TBI who is also the team owner said "People with such ****e photoshop skillz shouldn't be allowed to waste oxygen." He also said that he is purely suing Teja for such abysmal designing skills more than the said act of impersonation.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Good at BJs Given Award

The popular and well-endowed group of cricketers who represent Good at BJs Cricket Club have been awarded one of the most prestigeous awards available to sports entertainment teams today; the Come Shot Award.

After some hard work in the back rooms of the studio, Good at BJ's CC has emerged victorious among the countless opponents they have faced in the Come Shot International Competition (CSIC).

"No one has a chance against us" said inspirational captain AB de Villiers. " We are clearly the best at what we do".

The team captain also made statements aimed at rivals, Mick Lewis Invitational XI. The team, Mick Lewis Invitational XI and Good at BJ's are facing each other in a key encounter which will decide which of the two teams are absolutely rubbish and which ones are headed towards unexpected glory.

"Their team pictures is like a bunch of zoo animals thrown together" said the handsome captain AB de Villiers. "They need to learn how to take a team picture in style" said the wicketkeeper batsman who is actually not keeping wickets in a vain hope that it will aid his batting.

The following is the official team picture for the Good at BJs CC:

Posted by CricketWeb Unofficial News Service (CUNS)