• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
& the winner is...

That's yer lot!

Tranmere Rovers secure the bronze for blighty & Corrin with a 13-7 win over Partick Thistle. Would've voted for them too.

In the big one we actually have a tie game! I hadn't noticed grecian had gone back to edit his post to give Barca another vote by registering his preference in the 3rd place play-off, which levels it up at 10-10. I have to vote honestly & if Barcelona were drawn against Wellington in an Intercontinental Cup somewhere down the line I'd instinctively root for the latter. So there it is, Wellington Phoenix have done it.

:cool:

Thanks to all who voted. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't hate Wellington but I get the feeling that this will be the only thing that they will win for a while.

Nicely run battle though Brumby.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant help but thinking they won the vote as the least hated team, if people were voting along the lines of teams they enjoyed watching or we were voting on the best performing club I'm sure we would have had completely different teams in the last 4 or 8.
Fair play anyway, well run battle Dale.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha. Brilliant.

I wonder if we'll look back on this thread in five years with the realisation that the Phoenix have gone the same way as the Football Kingz and New Zealand Knights.

Brumby dragged the Phoenix through in 3 contests as I recall. This is surely Brumby's victory as much as the Phoenix's.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think there is a push for a South East Asian side the replace them from Asia, due to that region losing ACL spots.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is how your favourite Tranmere fan reacted to the win over Partick to secure the bronze:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha. Brilliant.

I wonder if we'll look back on this thread in five years with the realisation that the Phoenix have gone the same way as the Football Kingz and New Zealand Knights.

Brumby dragged the Phoenix through in 3 contests as I recall. This is surely Brumby's victory as much as the Phoenix's.
Big thanks to Brumby in that case! Huge shock to see the Phoenix win the entire battle, personally didn't think they'd make it past the first round...

biased indian

International Coach
need two more votes for barca......sure burmby wont vote for them
That's yer lot!

Tranmere Rovers secure the bronze for blighty & Corrin with a 13-7 win over Partick Thistle. Would've voted for them too.

In the big one we actually have a tie game! I hadn't noticed grecian had gone back to edit his post to give Barca another vote by registering his preference in the 3rd place play-off, which levels it up at 10-10. I have to vote honestly & if Barcelona were drawn against Wellington in an Intercontinental Cup somewhere down the line I'd instinctively root for the latter. So there it is, Wellington Phoenix have done it.

:cool:

Thanks to all who voted. :)
i knew it will end like that

i hate you bumbers :(

arsenal to never to win anything :@:@