• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricketweb.net XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
Next match, definitely.

I need to know your approximate career averages with the bat and ball. Just so I know what to put into the data editor.

Langeveldt

Soutie
yes definitely, being the experienced campaigner you can go up to ten.

But the pressure is on the top order to perform. I might bring Krkode to open, to add a bit more stability to things...

Well Chris you told me to have a good laugh and I will...I am considered a tail ender by many people and my average is 20X that...Sorry couldnt resist, you probably play a better standard of cricket than me :saint: But your in for the next game

PY

International Coach
Can I have a game please? only been here for a bit but wouldnt mind a trial period!!:) have an average of about 25, scored 39* about 6 times and have a severe aversion to the forties. I get the yips above forty. Only time I've managed it was when Neil was umpiring, and he gave me the incentive to aim a pull shot at his forehead at square leg....unfortunately it missed :D but I got 4 and actually made it into the 40s and got out bout 2 balls later :( very pedestrian medium pace bowler who can bowl 6 short deliveries at the death if required (ave of 20, 3 wickets) btw my names Pete

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yes of course, the more the merrier.
Here is an updated squad list....

PROBABLY ELEVEN FOR TOMOROWS BALLGAME (WAHEY the baseball season starts soon lol)

1.Krkrode
2.Broncoman
3.Tamara
4.WCC_Somerset
5.Tim
6.Langeveldt
7.Andre
8.Rik
9.Top_Cat
10.Neil Pickup
11.Chris Hinton

RESERVES LIST (Should get a game soon)

1.Kim
2.Rich_2001
3.Greg Blewett
4.Pete

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn I was on my way to another good all-round performance & got run-out!

Come on lads we must win the next game!

Langeveldt

Soutie
At the moment there is a meeting of the selectors, regarding who to pick as opposition for tomorows game

It will be interesting, we might even win..

Shane Warne is in by the way :)

CRICKET WEB FINAL ELEVEN AND THE **YET TO BE REVEALED** FINAL ELEVEN ANNOUNCED TOMOROW

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
How about a CricketWeb A team. Those who play well will go to the main team and those who don't will be demoted from main team to A team like Rik:D .

Cloete

International Captain
YES!!! another game!!:D :D . i'd say that's a decent all-round perfromance on debut. 28 from 25 with the bat and 4 overs for 18 runs. wat was i bowling??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
How about a CricketWeb A team. Those who play well will go to the main team and those who don't will be demoted from main team to A team like Rik:D .
At least I've played in the team unlike a certain critique...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Damn I was on my way to another good all-round performance & got run-out!

Come on lads we must win the next game!
You got run out for 12. Deal with it :lol:

Langeveldt

Soutie
vishnureddy said:

Would be a good idea, but we dont have enough for two proper teams.

Its hard enough managing one team with the results as they are and bickering thats going on at the moment! :lol: I feel like Khaled Mashud

Langeveldt

Soutie
Final eleven for the match against FLOPS OF THE WORLD CUP

1.Krkode
2.Broncoman
3.Tamara
4.Cloete (Ive got you down as a spinner)
5.Tim
6.Langeveldt *
7.Rik
8.Andre (wk)
9.Top_Cat
10.Neil Pickup
11.Chris Hinton

FLOPS XI

1.Mark Vermeulen
2.Riaan Walters
3.Saurav Ganguly
4.Inzamam Ul Haq
5.Nicky De Groot *
6.Chris Gayle
7.Lou Vincent (wk)
8.Feiko Kloppenburg
9.Shane Warne
10.Talah Jubair
11.Allan Donald

Match report and scorecard up later today

PY

International Coach
Are you gonna use their World Cup averages or their career averages because if you use career averages there are some very respectable players in that list ie Saurav Ganguly, Inzamam Ul Haq, Shane Warne, Allan Donald. But if you use World Cup averages, all the above are crap. Also nice touch giving Nicky De Groot the leadership over all the Flops. :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
I dont use averages, I use "skill levels" at lots of different characteristics. I am only using Win Cricket because I cant get total cricket to work....

krkode

State Captain
I hope the word "Flops" is just a name and not a descriptive name, cuz there are some high profile names in there :lol: