• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
FC Changes... Malthus-Howell moves down to the middle order where he did well last season, hopefully he'll find better form there than Resha did. Burke gets a chance to open the batting much like he did at the end of last season, and takes the gloves for the game too. Comley replaces Jack, who he injured. :p

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Ow......... :(

I had the most dissmisals with the gloves in the comp..........

If I do real well with my batting, can I get them back?

Then again, Howler is back down there, how many more classics can we add to the record boards all time and for the colts?

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
I had the most dissmisals with the gloves in the comp..........

If I do real well with my batting, can I get them back?
You have most dismissals, yes, but Burke hasn't played a game yet so of course he can't say the same! As I've said on various occasions before, the fact remains that Burke is simply a better keeper than you are just as you are a better batsman than he is - you can't have the best of both worlds in this sim! I think I said it best when I compared the two of you to Chris Read and Geraint Jones when they competed for the gloves. Jones was a far better batsman but Read was a better keeper, and the whole world knew it. The same goes for yourself and Burke in the Colts. Because you're a better batsman, you'll find your way into the squad a lot easier, so I'm sure you'd rather stay the better bat instead of the better keeper. :p

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hard loss there guys, we were totallly destroyed, but you know what they say, We'll come out of this one, and win all the next ones.:p

cricketboy29

International Regular
Wow, the whole world knows burke is a better keeper than jasotharan??. Cricket Web must be more widespread than I thought....

cometer

State Regular
Loony BoB said:
FC Changes... Malthus-Howell moves down to the middle order where he did well last season, hopefully he'll find better form there than Resha did. Burke gets a chance to open the batting much like he did at the end of last season, and takes the gloves for the game too. Comley replaces Jack, who he injured. :p
I didn't do anything :ph34r:. I didn't even know I had a faster delivery. Maybe its just extra determination to try and make the starting 11. I won't deny that i'm happy to make the 11 but it would have been better to make it from a different reason then injurying my fellow team member. Hopefully I can lift my game for the time I now receive in the team. :)

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
You have most dismissals, yes, but Burke hasn't played a game yet so of course he can't say the same! As I've said on various occasions before, the fact remains that Burke is simply a better keeper than you are just as you are a better batsman than he is - you can't have the best of both worlds in this sim! I think I said it best when I compared the two of you to Chris Read and Geraint Jones when they competed for the gloves. Jones was a far better batsman but Read was a better keeper, and the whole world knew it. The same goes for yourself and Burke in the Colts. Because you're a better batsman, you'll find your way into the squad a lot easier, so I'm sure you'd rather stay the better bat instead of the better keeper. :p

I liked that record, being head of 2 records is great! Oh well, Nick it to me in the slips then!

(Are keepers that anin't keeping allowed to have normal fielding records? Or is it restriced to non keepers?)

cometer

State Regular
Dizzy #4 said:
cometer said:
I didn't even know I had a faster delivery. QUOTE]

Mate, you're getting the mojo that all pace bowlers envy! how fast was it? a 155? a 160?
from what i've heard the speedometer didn't pick up the delivery for unexplainable reasons so I imagine it must have been fast to floor Jack. I want to know how it managed to land on the pitch :laugh: attempting a delivery that quick. Maybe its just playing for the Darters at Heathridge thats given me that quicker delivery :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricketboy29 said:
Wow, the whole world knows burke is a better keeper than jasotharan??
I'm surprised really because the amount some people talk about how brilliant they are, you'd expect the whole world to think the opposite.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see I'm playing my first FC of the season. Opening the batting and keeping as well, very involved.