• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

Ruckus

International Captain
No, You ask most Australian cricket fans/followers who they hate most as a commentator and they will say Tony Grieg, with Healy 2nd place.
Really? I agree with Healy, but not Greig. Where's your evidence for that?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Really? I agree with Healy, but not Greig. Where's your evidence for that?
All my mates, family and people I know who follow cricket absolutely hate Greig as a commentator. Secondly, he was voted the Australian public's least favourite commentator in an Australian cricket survey about 6 months ago that came out in every newspaper and also online, a lot of people took part in that. I also see many people complaining about him on various cricket forums I have been on.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
I know its not channel nine, but a truly unbearable commentator is one of the NZ guys who commentated on the last IPL. Can't recall his name though...

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I know its not channel nine, but a truly unbearable commentator is one of the NZ guys who commentated on the last IPL. Can't recall his name though...
Quite like the NZ guys, Doull, Smith, maybe Danny Morrisson is a bit of a douche.

Ruckus

International Captain
All my mates, family and people I know who follow cricket absolutely hate Greig as a commentator. Secondly, he was voted the Australian public's least favourite commentator in an Australian cricket survey about 6 months ago that came out in every newspaper and also online, a lot of people took part in that. I also see many people complaining about him on various cricket forums I have been on.
Huh, well different strokes for different folks I guess.

Btw Robelinda, its this guy (about the 45 s mark)YouTube - Match 36, DC vs RR: Best of Shane Warne:

Do you know who it is?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Secondly, he was voted the Australian public's least favourite commentator in an Australian cricket survey about 6 months ago that came out in every newspaper and also online, a lot of people took part in that. I also see many people complaining about him on various cricket forums I have been on.
Tbf that's because he generally cheers on the opposition when they're here.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm sorry, but how can anyone like Tony Greig as a commentator? The guy is the biggest douche ever to commentate a game of cricket.
If opposition fans wanted to be patronized they'd go to kindergarten. Here's some beauties from Grieg off the top of my head:

"I've always had a soft spot for these little Sri Lankans" (series on now)

"Half of these players (NZ) wouldn't make it into County sides, yet here they are punching above their weight!" (20/20 WC)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If opposition fans wanted to be patronized they'd go to kindergarten. Here's some beauties from Grieg off the top of my head:

"I've always had a soft spot for these little Sri Lankans" (series on now)

"Half of these players (NZ) wouldn't make it into County sides, yet here they are punching above their weight!" (20/20 WC)
In their marvellous baby blue uniforms

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tbf that's because he generally cheers on the opposition when they're here.
Yeah exactly, he likes antagonising. That's why he and Bill were so entertaining.

But Lawry is the one who needs to go. He's awful. He obviously hasn't watched any of the non-Australian players before, he sprouts cliches like there's no tomorrow and he adds nothing to the commentary knowledge wise eg. he'll ALWAYS calls for a leg gully, and ALWAYS says that the batsmen need to rotate the strike more. The only thing he's got is excitement. But the newer guys like Slater and Healy manage to sound excited enough.

I'm chuffed that there's no Bill today actually. He must be out pigeon racing or something.

Spark

Global Moderator
Slater is good when he actually talks about cricket. But an important part of any good cricket commentator has to be able to do the off-topic banter well and Slater's is bloody awful to listen to. But he gets distracted to it so easily.

Could see Punter become a good commentator though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Healy again, talks about how healthy the keeping ranks are in OZ and mentions pretty much everyone but Manou.

**** you.