• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest spinner of the cricket ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Slim

International Coach
He means posts by those two along those lines i think
posts by those two along the lines of calling murali a chucker?

because i do agree i've seen other posts that do err on the racist side of the line - "subcontinent sense of humour", for example, however, what hb said in the post specifically points to muraliposting

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if it's racist, but it is a reoccurring pattern that anytime any discussion comes up about Murali's bowling on CW that there are a handful of posters who wade in going 'hurr durr 800 runouts' and completely derail the thread.

It's literally impossible to talk about Murali as a bowler on here without the same (white Australian) individuals choosing to drag that conversation down this worn out rabbit hole. About time they were called out on it and told to shut the **** up and move on.
If this is your main concern I've figured this out a while ago. It's not a coincidence that none of my posts in this thread were aimed at Murali, and were very deliberately and specifically targeted in a more general sense and as far away from his as possible (ie other eras, local comps)

Shady Slim

International Coach
And you inferred that every post that questions Murali's actions is racist or bigoted from that?
no, from this, which i've already said multiple times:

- Every thread Murali is brought up sees Burgey and TJB make the same "chucker cheat lololol" comments.
- When people rightly point out the racist and bigoted tropes of
these posts

if you are trying to tell me, that when you say, here, "these posts", you are not talking about the posts which you refer to in the immediately preceding sentence, being the only posts you refer to in your post quoted, then i'm not sure what to say really

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll help out you idiots: hb is bringing up past grievances and Shady's talking about this thread in particular. You're not discussing the same thing.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I'll help out you idiots: hb is bringing up past grievances and Shady's talking about this thread in particular. You're not discussing the same thing.
undoubtedly, but on any reasonable reading of his post that's clearly not what it says

if i come in and say, in plain and clear words in a thread about spin bowlers, "murali is a thrower", i can't say later in that same thread oh yes i meant he throws a javelin if i had previously raised murali's javelin record in a past thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
According to my experience as diversity and inclusion director of my discord channel, this is a racist post. Now take your mouth out of my arse.
i had a reasonably long post typed out but daemon just did that rare annoying thing where he’s right and funny at the same time

Shady Slim

International Coach
According to my experience as diversity and inclusion director of my discord channel, this is a racist post. Now take your mouth out of my arse.
just let the record show i openly acknowledged i felt like a toss posting about what i do but i felt compelled to because migara was being a giant dickhead

Status
Not open for further replies.