• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest spinner of the cricket ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Oh wow CW has a new minority member
i mean to my mind whether something is racist is sort of an objective inquiry

whether something is offensive is entirely another question, entirely subjective, but whether or not something or someone singles out a group on the basis of their race is objective lol

Shady Slim

International Coach
Explains a lot. :p

Mate, I know you mean well and I am not saying those guys are racist people or anything but if you cant see that their posts on such issues have been nothing but obvious racist tropes (and then the attempts to excuse them as "bait and fun lololol" ) I dunno what to say to you. But my post was laying out the reality, whether you wanna accept it or not.
you're entitled to that take, but i still don't see how saying murali threw a cricket ball is a racist trope

Shady Slim

International Coach
No you don't. You don't even have an idea how bad it is.
haha go and do one mate, i hold a national office in a cultural diversity organisation because of my commitment to a diverse, inclusive, accepting, country, and because it's my firm belief that racism and discrimination in every form is to be abhorred and stomped on. and i don't like saying that bc it comes off like i'm trying to boast, and i would've loved to continue having the discussion on a fairly measured and sincere way like i have with hb, but given you went straight for the "dickhead assumes something about someone from halfway across the w on the internet route so as to try and get a one up on that person" i'd ask that you measuredly and sinceredly go and do one

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate just stop. There's no racist tropes or anything race-related of any kind. Until you, migara and Xix69 came in and tried to create it.

You probably believe what you're saying but it's not reality
Oh, now see who is speaking.

I merely pointed out Murali's action was only a problem for Aussie, NZ and English umpires, and band wagon took it as racism. Mind you I haven't included SAf and ZIM despite having white officials. In a blink, people started interpreting as racism, because there was some insecurity at the back of their minds and calling loud "racism" is the best way to avoid discussion of the topic.

Murali's calling is suspicious. That is why only Hair is discussed, not Emerson, doing it twice - twice of leg breaks, and next after ICC testing. Even Steve Waugh thinks Emerson was way out of line.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
haha go and do one mate, i hold a national office in a cultural diversity organisation because of my commitment to a diverse, inclusive, accepting, country, and because it's my firm belief that racism and discrimination in every form is to be abhorred and stomped on. and i don't like saying that bc it comes off like i'm trying to boast, and i would've loved to continue having the discussion on a fairly measured and sincere way like i have with hb, but given you went straight for the "dickhead assumes something about someone from halfway across the w on the internet route so as to try and get a one up on that person" i'd ask that you measuredly and sinceredly go and do one
Ha, ha, as I thought. Because I work on cultural diversity I know about racism. Good on you, till you ar a descendent of 500 years of slavery, looting and occupation.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Ha, ha, as I thought. Because I work on cultural diversity I know about racism. Good on you, till you ar a descendent of 500 years of slavery, looting and occupation.
buddy i'm not going to get into a dick measuring contest with you about who knows more about racism but have a spell lol you're beclowning yourself

and i say this as someone who beclowns himself on a day to day basis

Shady Slim

International Coach
confused react
i mean, if something is racist or not is objective right? whether like, a statement, a practice, a law, social construct, whatever, singles out a race, discriminates either in favour of or against a cultural or ethnic group, that's objective

now talking about the impacts of racism on the individual, and the way one feels when they're subject to racism, discrimination, prejudice, etc, that's subjective, that's for the individual. but whether or not the thing is racist to begin with, unless you are deliberately blind to the concept of racism (which many are) (neutral you), whether or not it's racist to begin with is objective

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even Steve Waugh thinks Emerson was way out of line.
Emerson was well out of line imo, particularly the 2nd time. Which is probably why he pretty much disappeared from top level umpiring afterwards, and no one much missed him.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This thread is off-topic.

It's supposed to be about chuckers

I just remembered John Hastings, always thought he chucked it a bit. Anyone else?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Emerson was well out of line imo, particularly the 2nd time. Which is probably why he pretty much disappeared from top level umpiring afterwards, and no one much missed him.
He should have disappeared in the 1st instance when he called two leg breaks. Getting him to officiate second time, shows nothing but mal intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.