• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest spinner of the cricket ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
See, your bias is showing through here. Explains your florid reaction. You'd have been better off simply saying "he didn't chuck it and even though he was told not to bowl the doosra but did anyway and took a **** ton of wickets with it, he was absolutely legit" than going down the baseless "ooh you're butthurt about 1996, dude" avenue. You really let yourself down there.

Australia deserved to lose the 96 WC final for a number of reasons, chief among them Taylor playing at all let alone as captain. That and Aravinda's knock in particular. An all timer.

Ah yes, the cricket equivalent of racist posting and then the cricket equivalent of the black friend defence. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is so very true. When umpiring we were instructed NOT to call chuckers but to include mention of 'doubtful actions' in our match report. The Association, in conjunction with the Umpires' Advisor, were then to check and film the action and make some sort of ruling. The problem was the filming was going to be conducted at a training session and the offender, knowing full well he was being checked, would modify his action to satisfy those checking him.
I can think of at least 3 Club bowlers I would have 'called' had I been allowed.
I agree it is an issue in club cricket. But its next level idiocy when you think the ICC labs will allow people to get away with the same thing... like this one.

Exact same problem in International cricket

They even pretend at legitimacy by having some guy go and watch to make sure the bowler hasn't changed their action. Laughable.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The outcomes that showed he does not chuck? Or is it whatever racist **** you dreamt of?
Nah he did chuck his doosra. Had testing on it and changed his action to remediate it ffs. Presumably I've concocted the University of WA report which is widely available online to make racist claims against the bloke. Or something.

Feel free to report any posts you like for racism, HB. And keep on trucking with the accusations.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This is so very true. When umpiring we were instructed NOT to call chuckers but to include mention of 'doubtful actions' in our match report. The Association, in conjunction with the Umpires' Advisor, were then to check and film the action and make some sort of ruling. The problem was the filming was going to be conducted at a training session and the offender, knowing full well he was being checked, would modify his action to satisfy those checking him.
I can think of at least 3 Club bowlers I would have 'called' had I been allowed.
The problem of onfield calling is it is only accurate when the chuck is blatant. The marginal actions, onfield calls will be woefully wrong. Add bent elbows, hyperextension rtc, and it will become a joke.

We don't want to go back to stone age, when technology is available.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah he did chuck his doosra. Had testing on it and changed his action to remediate it ffs. Presumably I've concocted the University of WA report which is widely available online to make racist claims against the bloke. Or something.

Feel free to report any posts you like for racism, HB. And keep on trucking with the accusations.
McGrath and Pollock were chucking under the same 10 degree tolerance limits. At least Murali's off break was below this. And the calls were made by Hair on Murali's off breaks and by Emerson on a legbreak. What a ****ing joke.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Nope... as evidenced by the video of him actually bowling with a ****ing weight tied to his elbow. But sure, keep harping on the hatred.

Bijed

International Regular
He's very slow through the air, but he does give it a fair old rip, does Matty Parkinson (these two facts may be not unconnected, obvz). I remember him doing this to Imam:
If Parkinson plays a few more internationals, whilst he might well end up with unimpressive stats, he might also come away with a highlight reel to compare with the best of them

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In the case of McGrath we're talking about Murali's 'citation needed' assertion on a radio talk show. Not the best source.

That may be a good citation I suppose. And Daily telegraph too.

McGrath and Pollock would have sued Daily Telegraph for libel if it was not the case.

Bottom line, under previous tolerance lomits, mcGrath and Pollock would have been out and out chuckers. Ironically, Murali would have survived limited to his off break.

Status
Not open for further replies.