• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm stunned to learn the mods are actually volunteers. I just assumed they got paid with merch from the CW store, including 3 complimentary mugs a year and a saucy CW thong.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If any of you really dislike CW as much as it appears, vote with your feet and leave. There's plenty of other forums and Facebook groups that may appreciate your negativity.
I thought I had clicked away from the American politics thread

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll throw my 2 cents into this discussion for what it's worth.

In the main this is a fantastic community and we all hang out here because, y'know.......it's a great place to hang out. From my own experience I think the mods do a terrific job, certainly any infractions I've copped have been deserved except for 1 which was overturned after discussion through email.

They are unpaid volunteers who devote their time for the betterment of this community.......so I always feel any heavy criticism is harsh to say the least.

That said I do think there is an issue with the process here.....100% there should be an instant perma ban button. It takes way too long to get rid of problem posters who are plainly never going to contribute positively to this site. CW's great shame is that we lost Jono because we entertained a dreadful human like Watson for so long.

This isn't a court of law and we are not subject to unfair dismissal legislations. The rules don't have to be transparent or the same for everyone or fair. Base the moderation decision on what is the best action for the site.

Posters like Burgey and Sledger for e.g. will frequently cross the boundary as they are written in the rule book. Is this site better without them? Of course its not!! While you had burgey sit out for a week at the end of the WC we had half a dozen dead set numpties posting who should have been given the flick without a second thought.

I don't blame the mods for this situation......it just feels like the rules and process are too black and white.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Being an unpaid volunteer is no excuse for being bad at something. I must admit I have no idea how good or bad the current mods are. Trolling Internet forums is such old hat I neither partake or take any notice of people that do. Often when the ban announcements are made I have no idea who the posters are. Lawsons Lock Jaw (or whatever) being a prime example. I assume most of the trouble is in the News/Politics forum that I never read.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adders gets it. He knows that if the Doyen was perma’ed then CW would die. Moderator errors such as those from a fortnight ago must never happen again.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Although it's a good point, it would be really helpful if no one replied to such rancid trolls and more people use the report function.

Again stressing the importance of reporting posts. Rarely have I ever seen even the worst post get reported by more than 3 people. The people who have kept this place thriving are volunteers, whether as posters or mods, and we're all in this together :happy:
I have reported a number of posts but as far as I can tell nothing was done so why should I bother in the future?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
How do you know nothing was done?

And you are a classic example of someone that is never going to contribute positively to this site. I'd perma you in a heartbeat if I could.......no negotiation, no discussion or explanation, just goneski.

ajdude

International Coach

And you are a classic example of someone that is never going to contribute positively to this site. I'd perma you in a heartbeat if I could.......no negotiation, no discussion or explanation, just goneski.
hahahahaha yessss adders goes bang

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
From personal experience the best way to avoid getting banned is is to be completely and utterly devoid of charisma. Nobody can object to you if they don't notice you in the first place.

Generally the more controversial members tend to be the most interesting to some extent

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant

I don't know nothing was done, but it appears nothing was done because there is no feedback.

What have I done that deserves permanent banning?

If you want to ban me because I have a different view on certain forms of cricket to you then that is pathetic. I have also said I will not post those views anymore after my last ban.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Being an unpaid volunteer is no excuse for being bad at something. I must admit I have no idea how good or bad the current mods are. Trolling Internet forums is such old hat I neither partake or take any notice of people that do. Often when the ban announcements are made I have no idea who the posters are. Lawsons Lock Jaw (or whatever) being a prime example. I assume most of the trouble is in the News/Politics forum that I never read.
As it would be this sub is filled with regulars taking potshots at each other largely

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Harsh you called for people to report posts, well I just have for the insulting comment NUFAN made about me, NOW IS YOUR TIME TO ACT.