• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey I complained about your ban in at least three posts
Nah, this "It's all tongue in cheek" stuff is up there with your effort in the mass banning episode of Xmas 09, when an MSN chat spilled over into OT and your response when it did so was "WTF is this?" despite being one of the main protagonists.

Actually, that was quality. Scratch that.

cnerd123

likes this
why is when we have trolls and **** posters here we get mad at the mods

don't you see - that's what they want

don't let the trolls divide us. don't let them win.

trundler

Some of you have been around longer than I've had autonomy over my bowels so I'm not sure if my opinion counts for much.

Anyway, I can safely say that there's a difference between edgelordism and someone just being a bit thick or being plainly wrong. The mods would do well to take swift action against the former and likewise the rest of us could be a bit more welcoming to the latter. Think it's fair game to criticize trends instead of nitpicking specific instances since the mods are volunteers and all. I don't know where a guy like Miyagi fits into all of this since he was being controversial for the sake of it, stirring the pot and such without being overtly edgelordy. I don't think there's any place that's really very welcoming to noobs (unless you're me, obvs) because of how the internet is but we could still be better.

That said, there's always going to be hating on the teacher kind of banter at the expense of the mods because we're all ****s sometimes so just suck it up since no one means it seriously (unless ***** becomes a mod).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, this "It's all tongue in cheek" stuff is up there with your effort in the mass banning episode of Xmas 09, when an MSN chat spilled over into OT and your response when it did so was "WTF is this?" despite being one of the main protagonists.

Haha, I don't think I did that, but maybe that's right.

Anyway I'm just covering all bases. Playing both sides. As Lord Protector of CW, the mods need to think I am on their side, like Batman and the crooked Gotham City cops.

OverratedSanity

And deprived the forum of its most erudite poster during LO cricket's most important week. The Mods effectively punished the entire CW community because they supported a false allegation of trolling against the site's most esteemed member.
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the people making said false allegations didn't want you banned either. Weird stuff all around imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Although it's a good point, it would be really helpful if no one replied to such rancid trolls and more people use the report function.

Again stressing the importance of reporting posts. Rarely have I ever seen even the worst post get reported by more than 3 people. The people who have kept this place thriving are volunteers, whether as posters or mods, and we're all in this together :happy:
I didn’t respond to them, and I did report the post. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect every member of the forum to not take the bait like that. It was also World Cup threads so I suspect a few moderators may have been fluttering around at the time too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I haven't been part of the match threads like I usually am, I take it things were unusually rancid? Last World Cup it was just an influx of kiwiposters ruining everything.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, I think the Timezones kept the casual kiwi demographic away for the most part. We did have a few pretty quality posts from Kiwi fans, but considering how good they were they probably have entirely forgotten about CW already. We do have a fun new Pakistani fan though, Windieweathers 2.0

trundler

He's wrong and confrontational but he's not a troll. That makes it worse but err.. what do you do about that?

Burgey

Trolling isn’t the only thing you can be banned for though.

Anyway, just makes the events of a week ago all the more laughable.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha, I don't think I did that, but maybe that's right.

Anyway I'm just covering all bases. Playing both sides. As Lord Protector of CW, the mods need to think I am on their side, like Batman and the crooked Gotham City cops.
A filthy centrist 'til the very end.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

haha that was great

I just remember sitting in the office at Andover magistrates' court the next morning, very hungover, opening my phone and realising I was banned for some reaosn

Burgey

haha that was great

I just remember sitting in the office at Andover magistrates' court the next morning, very hungover, opening my phone and realising I was banned for some reaosn
If you’d written up a bail notice for Ben Stokes in that job you could have got a knighthood