• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The fewer mods doing less work the better for all of us.

Get rid of all the hangers on, get rid of Spark, get rid of Dan. Leave Cribbage in control with Neil Pickup as emergency backup. Sorted.

Fusion

Global Moderator
he's had like 2 weeks of posting **** to improve, and clearly isn't here to. we're not a charity.

and you using never doing your job as your defence is funny. that's the other problem with moderating - there's like 20 mods and 5 doing all the work.
And those 5 doing all the work must really love threads like these where they are appreciated for trying to do a difficult job as fairly as they can. Oh wait. Anyway, good chat!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Goes back to the old idea that the yellow and red that display to warned/infracted posters displaying to all would probably be a good idea, but hey ho
I've come around to this idea. I think it's worth trying out, IMHO.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All mods except Harsh are useless anyway and this is well known. It's like having the Beatles but its just Paul McCartney and 15 Ringos.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would much rather leave this thread open to accept constructive feedback/criticism, but if all it's going to be used for is taking pot shots at the mod team then it will be closed. If any of you really dislike CW as much as it appears, vote with your feet and leave. There's plenty of other forums and Facebook groups that may appreciate your negativity.

As has already been mentioned in this thread, everyone who contributes to the site does so on a volunteer basis, and gives us time where they could otherwise be spending it with friends and family which deserves a lot of credit. Plain and simple, if there weren't any volunteers, CW would no longer exist.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is "if you don't like it then **** off" the best response here? I mean it's what Heath did so it isn't unheard of.The bloke making Christchurch earthquake jokes and desperately trying to bait was the most clear insta-ban moment there is. Moderators should be able to discern the difference between a misguided patriotic fan (like a certain new Pakistani fan that could likely fit in just fine given time and guidance) and an outright disgusting troll.

Flem274*

123/5
athlai with a rare good point

we should all probably spend less time on forums than we do, and now that i finally live with cricket tragics instead of (just) nerds, casuals or rugby fans cw has an actual competitor that isn't my family for who i watch cricket games with.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is "if you don't like it then **** off" the best response here? I mean it's what Heath did so it isn't unheard of.
Have a read through this thread, how much constructive feedback/criticism do you see that assist the team in making room for improvement? The large majority is just having a go which I don't find acceptable.

The bloke making Christchurch earthquake jokes and desperately trying to bait was the most clear insta-ban moment there is. Moderators should be able to discern the difference between a misguided patriotic fan (like a certain new Pakistani fan that could likely fit in just fine given time and guidance) and an outright disgusting troll.
He was infracted for trolling on the 13th (by me), and given a long-term ban on the 15th. He only lasted 2 days. Yes, perhaps on reflection he could have received a long-term ban earlier.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm very surprised that you can't read the tone of members of this forum that have been here 10+ years. Phlegm's post was halfway joking, because he is frustrated at the poor moderation in the last few days. There is nothing egregious about him saying that it was slow, it was unclear, and that it was communicated poorly.

Yes they're all volunteers, we know, we've been here forever, we get it.

If you feel the moderating was up to snuff, then maybe the problem is the system you've implemented. Maybe there should be an instant ban option for people that joke about the deaths of hundreds in their first post in a tour thread. Maybe there should be a template for mods to use when updating users on moderator actions.

This is a forum, if we don't hear the moderator voice, how are we to know **** actually got done? I know that I was personally pretty close to having a spray myself and I'm not at all surprised others have done now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
get in line ****

so have i

offer's still open but i am terrified of the power i'd have over you lot who just seem to care too much about **** that no one cares about

my promise to cw is that i'll revoke zo's liking privileges as my first act as mod

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As much as I’ve had my share of ding dongs with the mods in the past (very distant past now if we are honest) I would hope it’s obvious that my posts in this thread have been firmly tongue in cheek.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look at this rubbish from Corrin.

Flem of course raising some excellent points given the travesty of my recent ban. If you get accused of trolling when you aren't,and point out to the accuser why you aren't trolling, you get banned. Yet the people who run around accusing you of trolling when you aren't, go on posting without sanction. It's appalling.

And deprived the forum of its most erudite poster during LO cricket's most important week. The Mods effectively punished the entire CW community because they supported a false allegation of trolling against the site's most esteemed member.

I certainly hope the response to this little missive from the moderators isn't to suggest I email them to discuss things, because of course I did so and pointed out the error of their ways, yet wasn't given the courtesy of a reply.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The owner of a website dropping in for his yearly post to tell the people who've kept his site alive for nearly 20 years to leave is hilarious to me.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is "if you don't like it then **** off" the best response here? I mean it's what Heath did so it isn't unheard of.The bloke making Christchurch earthquake jokes and desperately trying to bait was the most clear insta-ban moment there is. Moderators should be able to discern the difference between a misguided patriotic fan (like a certain new Pakistani fan that could likely fit in just fine given time and guidance) and an outright disgusting troll.
Although it's a good point, it would be really helpful if no one replied to such rancid trolls and more people use the report function.

Again stressing the importance of reporting posts. Rarely have I ever seen even the worst post get reported by more than 3 people. The people who have kept this place thriving are volunteers, whether as posters or mods, and we're all in this together :happy:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Look at this rubbish from Corrin.

Flem of course raising some excellent points given the travesty of my recent ban. If you get accused of trolling when you aren't,and point out to the accuser why you aren't trolling, you get banned. Yet the people who run around accusing you of trolling when you aren't, go on posting without sanction. It's appalling.

And deprived the forum of its most erudite poster during LO cricket's most important week. The Mods effectively punished the entire CW community because they supported a false allegation of trolling against the site's most esteemed member.

I certainly hope the response to this little missive from the moderators isn't to suggest I email them to discuss things, because of course I did so and pointed out the error of their ways, yet wasn't given the courtesy of a reply.
Hey I complained about your ban in at least three posts