• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best umpires in world cricket!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Please stop this whinning about umpiring. When it goes favor of your tesm you keep quiet and when it goes against you, you rant , rant and rant.

FRAZ

International Captain
Basic issue is umpiring and stupid thing is to make it a generalized issue . The root cause of this basic issue is Darrel Hair . I was definately not going to Rant or Rent any thing but this Hair .......... The context of the whole issue is that guy and thats it .........

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
FRAZ said:
Marc dear the problem is not the umpiring . If any other umpire was doing it then I was not even going to notice it . The problem is Darrell Hair's quite visible and quite pacific targeting .I do not get it that why now Darrel's problem is being generalized as a common problem ?
Hello !!!! This is what I am saying , Hello!!!

FRAZ

International Captain

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite all the confusing posts above, FRAZ has a point .

Darrell Hair is a problem . Darrell Hair has a problem.

And this is not the first time this has been highlighted . If anything , he has been brought to attention for the Umpteenth time again .

The ICC keep on employing this guy at Elite level for pecuniary reasons of their own , one feels !! or he is part of Cronyism in the ICC network and his friends in the hierarchy are keeping him on despite Darrell being a problem for a long time and being highlighted time after time against certain Teams !!

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why would Darrell Hair target the Pacific, and how does he do it?
And why WOULD you target me . Why WOULD Israel and Palestine have a problem . Why WOULD some body hates another person ?Why WOULD? Why WOULD ? Why WOULD ?
You tell me yourself , Why WOULD ?
Why had WOULD so many fights in the history of the man kind ?
Why had many countries had WOULD developed their own identity ?
Why had WOULD so many people killed in the name of ethinic killings ?
Why had WOULD Murali being called a chuker right in the middle of the ground (Although he proved that he is not) ?
Why had WOULD Murali being taunted in the ground while playing ?
Why WOULD ?
Why WOULD Shoaib Akhtar while appealing in front of Darrell Hair instead of raising finger upward ,points it towards the head ?
Why WOULD certain players WOULD had said in the history unofficialy that Hair is a problem ?
Why WOULD ?
Why WOULD you claim me of ranting and saying that you WOULD not deserve an Inzi ?
Why WOULD? ?
Why WOULD not you consider me a friend and smile after seeing me or my posts? :D
Why WOULD not we finish up this hate in this world ?
Why WOULD not we consider each other as equal human beings ?
Why WOULD my dear Why WOULD ?

FRAZ

International Captain
FRAZ said:
I wish some day ........................... Anyways I also knew that some thing is going to happen and guess what it happened. !!!
Fraz Ranted yes !!!! But how about another person saying almost the same thing . Why I am angry '' Because I knew who is going to stand as an umpire and what will happen...
a10khan said:
He does deserve a new one, in fact a deserves a seperate forum. The moment i saw him, i knew he'll screw us big. not a pak game has gone by in which he has made a multiple of incorrect decisions against Pak.

FRAZ

International Captain
JASON said:
Despite all the confusing posts above, FRAZ has a point .

Darrell Hair is a problem . Darrell Hair has a problem.

And this is not the first time this has been highlighted . If anything , he has been brought to attention for the Umpteenth time again .

The ICC keep on employing this guy at Elite level for pecuniary reasons of their own , one feels !! or he is part of Cronyism in the ICC network and his friends in the hierarchy are keeping him on despite Darrell being a problem for a long time and being highlighted time after time against certain Teams !!
Very well said !!! And spot on .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So first it was Steve Bucknor and now it is Darrel Hair. What next ?

And Jason, please tell me your outburst against Hair has nothing to do with the history of him and Murali's balls.

FRAZ

International Captain
Tommorow is after today . No body is discussing Bucknor over here . And the visible wrong umpiring was visible to every one . Has Inzamam ever sweared after the umpiring decisions . He was caught on tv ,lip singing . Whatever happend yesterday is not being discussed here . Every thing which is happening right now in the ground is being discussed here . And the people if can, then give an answer that Hair's decision about Murali was nice or no ?
And a simple yes or no will be suffice over here ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J5hjUuE_m0
Thank you
Have a good day

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Darrell Hair

The 53-year-old Australian who will be one of the umpires for the first Test at Lahore is -– to put it mildly -- not a favourite on the Indian subcontinent.

He is the man who called ace Sri Lankan off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan a 'chucker' in 1995.

A year later, Indians felt crucial decisions from Hair went against them in the two Test matches he officiated in the England series.

In 1999, then Indian coach Kapil Dev got into a war of words with Hair. It began with the former North Sydney fast bowler walking up to Ajit Agarkar when the Mumbai medium pacer expressed disappointment at a decision.

Then, when a television replay showed Hair's colleague was wrong with another decision, the burly Australian reportedly warned then Indian captain Sourav Ganguly: 'You are not supposed to watch replays and make gestures. The Pakistanis did it and now if you do it you will get into trouble.' Ganguly's explanation fell on deaf ears.

The racism word was raised in the post-match verbal duel that followed between the Indians and the umpire. Who raised the word first is still debatable.

It is thought that the subcontinent's complaints played a big role in the Australian umpire being left out of the International Cricket Council's 'elite panel' of umpires when it was first constituted in 2002.

Pakistan wanted Hair out of this series with India after the official adjudged Inzamam-ul Haq run out and warned openers Salman Butt and leg-spinner Danish Kaneria for running on the pitch in the last Autralia-Pakistan series.
Courtesy : http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/jan/12hair.htm

FRAZ

International Captain
Muralitharan's bowling action is controversial amongst many purists, as to some it appears that it contravenes the laws of the game by straightening the arm in the course of the delivery. This is despite his action being exonerated unanimously by an international panel consisting of members from every Test playing nation. The controversy came to a head after Australian umpire Darrell Hair called a "no ball" for an illegal action seven times during the Boxing Day Test match in Melbourne, Australia, in 1995. After discussions between the Australian Cricket Board and the Board of Control for Cricket in Sri Lanka, Hair umpired no further games involving Sri Lanka in the season. Reaction to Hair's actions was mixed. He was widely criticised in Sri Lanka and elsewhere, but some, particularly in Australia, felt that it was long overdue. It would be simplistic to assume that opinion was divided purely by nationality though, with Australia's greatest ever cricketer, Sir Donald Bradman, quoted as saying it was the "worst example of umpiring that [he had] witnessed, and against everything the game stands for. Clearly Murali does not throw the ball".
Courtesy http://www.muralitharan.com/2006/
Sir Donald is considered as an honest cricketer and way better than many sarcastic people around here . I trust him

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Perth: Leading Australian umpire Darrell Hair has been overlooked for the triangular tournament finals between his country and Pakistan due to concerns that he had "jeopardised the perceived independence of umpires".

Local media quoted an Australian Cricket Board (ACB) spokesman on Sunday as saying Hair's role in a document signed by Australia's five international umpires earlier this season had counted against him.

Courtesy : http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2000/31hair.html

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
So first it was Steve Bucknor and now it is Darrel Hair. What next ?

And Jason, please tell me your outburst against Hair has nothing to do with the history of him and Murali's balls.
Sanz I have no issue with Murali Hair saga, thats all long gone !!

But as Fraz has pointed out Hair has difficulty and always gets into trouble when umpiring Subcontinental Teams and in particular SL , Pakistan . Please don't try to make every issue I raise as having to do with Murali saga.

For that matter may I remind you that I also raised issues about the other Daryl H (Harper) as well . Since he too gets into lot of problems and controversial decisions involving subcontinental Teams and in particular SL !!

This is a forum and Fraz and I have a right to raise these without being tainted as being whingers everytime we say something that some others don't like to be told !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Why would Darrell Hair target the Pacific, and how does he do it?
I think he meant specific . Just because some of us are not native speakers of your language please don't target us for our occasional errors !