• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The balls of the century

Bijed

International Regular
I probably wouldn't vote for it as *the* best, but Swann bowled a Pakistan opener (Imran Farhat maybe?) with a ripper in 2010

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumrah's slower ball yorker to Marsh should be in there imo, never really seen that take a wicket in Tests apart from maybe Akhtar?
Malinga did it at least twice in that NZ series when he was hitting 155k+.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Malinga's ball to KP is no fluke. He bowled a lifter which was slightly slower and slightly off target in the same over, and then produced this. No involvement of cracks whatsoever.

smash84

The Tiger King
Asif to Laxman, during the formers coming out party. @00:44.

This match would forever be remembered for Kami Khatmal. Irfan Pathan's hattrick, Asif's tremendous spells, all take a back seat thanks to the once in a lifetime Kakmal performance (and not ruining with his keeping either).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The Ryan Harris one was good, but Mitchell Johnson castling Cook in the 13/14 Ashes tops it for me. The ball swung in and decked away a mile off the pitch, all at 150 kmh. Try playing that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There were some gorgeous deliveries in the Pathan hattrick as well. The one to Mohammad Yousuf was a pretty special one IIRC.

TheJediBrah

Bit of a left field one and sorry for not posting a vid (I'm sure Migara will have one good to go) there were a few insane spells in ~2011-12 tri series by Nuwan Kulasekara where he was swinging it a mile. Brisbane especially I think had a few incredible deliveries.

Daemon

The Ryan Harris one was good, but Mitchell Johnson castling Cook in the 13/14 Ashes tops it for me. The ball swung in and decked away a mile off the pitch, all at 150 kmh. Try playing that.

Yeah, Harris hit a crack as well.

Johnson's was just ridiculous. The only thing going against it is the stump wasn't flattened.

Cook was shaping up to flick lol, it was nuts

1596689151865.png

TheJediBrah

Cook was in no sorts to be playing that Johnson ball at that point though, and his horror form made it look a lot better than it was. Even if the ball hadn't swung at all he would have missed it by a way. 2010-11 Cook facing the same ball probably could have handled it. Maybe nicked it behind at worst. The Harris one was just genuinely unplayable.

@Daemon, Harris one didn't hit a crack. If you watch closely it didn't actually deviate off the pitch at all. It swing into Cook before it pitched, then went straight on after it pitched, then somehow swung away in the air after pitching. No one's playing that.

Reactions: vcs