• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG ODI World XIs Game

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
averaged 54 in last 40 tests
So, first 50-odd shouldn't count?

I hate to argue against DeSilva. He was a special player. But I have problems with people claiming that he was as good as batsmen like Steve Waugh or Inzamam overall. Yes, he was great for a period, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore the first 10 years of his cricket (often because most of us didn't watch him live at that period).

sobers no:1

Banned
So, first 50-odd shouldn't count?

I hate to argue against DeSilva. He was a special player. But I have problems with people claiming that he was as good as batsmen like Steve Waugh or Inzamam overall. Yes, he was great for a period, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore the first 10 years of his cricket (often because most of us didn't watch him live at that period).
inzi played for pak
waugh played for aus

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Calling it early because I'm out tonight

Number 3
Ricky Ponting - 8
Vivian Richards - 5
Zaheer Abbas - 1
Brian Lara - 1

Number 4
Vivian Richards - 10
Ricky Ponting - 4
Dean Jones - 1

Team Thus Far
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Vivian Richards
8/9. Wasim Akram
10. Muttiah Muralitharan
11. Joel Garner

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Select The #5
Aravinda de Silva, Michael Bevan, Greg Chappell, Michael Clarke, Martin Crowe, AB De Villiers, MS Dhoni, Inzamam Ul-Haq, Javed Miandad, Dean Jones, Jacques Kallis, Brian Lara, Damien Martyn, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Symonds, Roger Twose, Zaheer Abbas

Select The First Change Bowler
Curtley Ambrose, Shane Bond, Nathan Bracken, Allan Donald, Andrew Flintoff, Richard Hadlee, Imran Khan, Kapil Dev, Lance Klusener, Dennis Lillee, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Pollock, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shoaib Akhtar, Chaminda Vaas, Waqar Younis, Shane Warne

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dean Jones (really needs more recognition for how awesome he was as an ODI cricketer)

Allan Donald