• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes

James

Cricket Web Owner
Snowy said:
dileep.vaka is getting frustrated like i have been. I'd have hate to have seen the 'older' fantasy cricket versions. C'mon guys, a site like this is first year uni php scripting at best, listen to your users, make some changes for the better.
It's fine to have concerns, but try and cut out the cheap shots. If you really want to see things improve in your eyes, how about putting together a list of things you personally think need improving?

We've always listened to users, which was exactly why http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/survey.php was created.

There are thousands and thousands of users who are more than happy with what we're doing.

Snowy said:
You must delete the all rounder or include more players in it... like channel 9, Richie Benaud and the commentry team says S.Warne, B.Lee and A.Giles are both bat and bowlers. (although i'm not even sure A.Giles is even a cricket player)
In our eyes, Warne, Lee and Giles are no where near all-rounder status. They're bowlers who can bat a bit.

andyc said:
As far as I can see, there are currently only two users complaining. The whole idea of fantasy cricket is that you don't know what's going to happen; you're going to get injuries or players being dropped. When you sign up, it's quite clear that you only get one change per week, so it might be a good idea to keep 2 or 4 points handy when you make your first team. I've had Watson in my team from the start, and I don't plan on changing him. Yes, I could make more points with Flintoff, but if I had him in, I wouldn't be able to have better players in my team. It's all about compromising to get what you think will the be the team that will get you the most points.
That's exactly right and how it was structured. Regarding modifying your team, we are considering many options. They are things such as:

* A fixed number of modifications per competition. You can use them whenever you like but once you've runout, you've runout.
* Allowing more regular changes, one change per 3 days

Something a bit different too:

* Idenifying a player in your team as a captain who earns double points but also loses double. The player you assign as captain can also never be changed once set.

perm said:
No problem James, only too happy to help. I'll have a go at filling out the survey aswell.
Cheers mate :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James said:
A fixed number of modifications per competition. You can use them whenever you like but once you've runout, you've runout.
Excellent - I remember trying to convince you about that before the last set of updates!

Gopher

Cricket Spectator
G'day.

Have got to say that while I initially thought the whole set up was a bit daft, what with point limits and such, it has actually really grown on me. Unlike the other fantasy cricket compeitions, where everybody picks nearly identical teams, this one takes a lot more thought and skill. It's been bloody frustrating, but also really fun to sort out the subs for each match and such. Kudos.

There is a minor flaw to the system though. I had a mate who made a change immediately after the Adelaide Test, and they were able to make anotherchange again yesterday (given the break between the matches was more then 5 days.) And no, they didn't have Martyn. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be your intention for that to happen....

I also disagree that you allowed people an extra change for Martyn's retirement, (even though I had him selected.:) ) If a player broke a leg would we get an extra sub? No, but the same result is there. Just my opinion

Apart from that, you have done a top effort. Kudos

James

Cricket Web Owner
Your mate is just playing the system to its full worth, everyone gets 5 day changes so anyone can do that if they like :)

If someone is injuried and ruled out of the whole series, then yes you would get a free replacement.

Gopher

Cricket Spectator
Ah apologies, I didn't realise the injury thing. In which, case that's perfectly fair.

Bloody technicalities. Still, in the end, they filtered Hussey out.... hehe.... that would be considered to be Karma, yes?

:D

Cheers for the response.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Gopher said:
I also disagree that you allowed people an extra change for Martyn's retirement, (even though I had him selected.:) ) If a player broke a leg would we get an extra sub? No, but the same result is there.
IIRC a player who is taken out of a squad through injury can be replaced in addition to the usual transfer.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Gopher said:
Ah apologies, I didn't realise the injury thing. In which, case that's perfectly fair.

Bloody technicalities. Still, in the end, they filtered Hussey out.... hehe.... that would be considered to be Karma, yes?

:D

Cheers for the response.
No worries at all, glad to help :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ashley Giles has been removed allowing a free transfer.

James Dalrymple has been added in his place.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
61st now, on the way up. It seems my faith in Gilchrist has paid off. By the way, shouldn't Symonds be in the allrounder category, rather than batsman? And I think a C rating is pretty generous for a guy that averages under 20 after 11 tests. But maybe that's just cause I want to get Watson out of my team :D

James

Cricket Web Owner
andyc said:
61st now, on the way up. It seems my faith in Gilchrist has paid off. By the way, shouldn't Symonds be in the allrounder category, rather than batsman? And I think a C rating is pretty generous for a guy that averages under 20 after 11 tests. But maybe that's just cause I want to get Watson out of my team :D
C probably is a bit generous, but he definately isn't an all-rounder. Have you seen his bowling average ;)

You could pick James Dalrymple as your all-rounder.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
C probably is a bit generous, but he definately isn't an all-rounder. Have you seen his bowling average ;)

You could pick James Dalrymple as your all-rounder.
The idea of getting Watson out of the team is so I can get someone in that will actually play :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just wondering, if you`re eliminating players who have a series long injury, then shouldn`t Watson be eliminated? :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
marc71178 said:
It can be fixed that he is in ODIs though can't it?
No it can't no, not in this version anyway.

For the next version of FC, we're considering un-grouping the categories of players so you could pick 11 bowlers for example or 9 batsmen and 2 bowlers. The choice is yours. Still very much being considered anyway.

Nnanden said:
Just wondering, if you`re eliminating players who have a series long injury, then shouldn`t Watson be eliminated?
You're right, but due to the lack of all-rounders on both teams, this would affect it too much so unfortnately he has to stay.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would say that overall he's more an all rounder than a batsman to be honest - he plays mainly ODIs (and is only in the Test side because of injuries) so a change may be in order?