• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes

dileep.vaka

Cricket Spectator
I know no player other than flintoff and watson fits into that slot.But what if watson doesn't comes for next test.
watson doubtful for perth.

I have a personal problem.I have taken mitchel jonshon who hasen't played this series so for and may not play the remaining matches.He comes under E category.My remaining budjet=0,as there is no other bowler under E category .As per current substitution rules we are allowed to substitute only 1 player, so i'm not able to remove mitchell.

Last edited:

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This has been a bit of a disater for me. I'm regrettig that i didn't use Collingwood or Pieterson. I just had to go with Strauss and Cookie, both miserable failures. Bowling deparment i've done well on thankfully.

Oh and can Martyn be removed from the List?....And will his retirement mean that those that have him can make that extra change for their team?

James

Cricket Web Owner
dileep.vaka said:
I know no player other than flintoff and watson fits into that slot.But what if watson doesn't comes for next test.
watson doubtful for perth.
Can't do much about that sorry, a lack of all-rounders in both teams means you don't have much of a choice.

dileep.vaka said:
I have a personal problem.I have taken mitchel jonshon who hasen't played this series so for and may not play the remaining matches.He comes under E category.My remaining budjet=0,as there is no other bowler under E category .As per current substitution rules we are allowed to substitute only 1 player, so i'm not able to remove mitchell.
Sorry mate, but you'll have to live with that. As you have no budget left, you don't have much of a choice, unless you of course change one of your A players to a D player to try and make room for that switch.

GDR said:
This has been a bit of a disater for me. I'm regrettig that i didn't use Collingwood or Pieterson. I just had to go with Strauss and Cookie, both miserable failures. Bowling deparment i've done well on thankfully.

Oh and can Martyn be removed from the List?....And will his retirement mean that those that have him can make that extra change for their team?
How well are you doing? Top-half?

Damien Martyn has been removed so you can make two changes if you had him in your side.

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How well are you doing? Top-half?

Damien Martyn has been removed so you can make two changes if you had him in your side.
I'm 957th at the moment :oops:

And thanks.

Snowy

Cricket Spectator
Shouldn't really have 'all-rounder' in test fantasy cricket.

And how the **** am i suppose to tweak my side with only 1 change allowed. Same problem dileep.vaka has... what James... make one change then another after 5 days... what a waste of my ****ing time!

Noticed that the feedback form isn't working... not supprised.

dileep.vaka

Cricket Spectator
Snowy said:

And how the **** am i suppose to tweak my side with only 1 change allowed. Same problem dileep.vaka has... what James... make one change then another after 5 days... what a waste of my ****ing time!

I think there should be more than 1 substitution at a time.Other website provide more than 1 substutoin .1 substution per 5 days is also strange.There may be occasions where the gap between 2 matches may be greater or less than 5 days.It would be better if we have some 'x' substitutions allowed between matches.

According to present rules i have to go with mitchel jonnson(not playing) and flintoff(forced to take as there is no other option).If i have to remove mitchel jonnson i have to wait for 1 more match.

There may be some cases where player gets injured just before the playing day.If we had made a substitution in the prev 5 days,then we have to go with him as per present rules. This is just a stupidity

You have added a extra substution for people who have martyn in their team.This gives them edge in competition.....

ps1: This is just a suggestion.
ps2: In my opinion, we must go with best team possible for every match
ps3: Having a player in our team who is not playing is .........
ps4: If i was harsh in writting this ....please forgive me

Because of this rule...i may loose my position in Ashes

dileep.vaka

Cricket Spectator
Perm said:
Calm down Snowy, you'll get in trouble
See forums are for discussion.And I think game can be made by discussion.Snowy tried to make a suggestion.If u are administrator of this and wants to stop people from doing this.Then people will simply stop playing fantasy.People are not going to loose any thing.

Nothing is perfect by default, together we can try to make it perfect.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ofcourse these forums are for discussion but the explicit language and very aggressive tone won't help his cause.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Snowy said:
And why not, Test teams play all rounders.

If you didn't, then what would Flintoff be classed as?

Snowy said:
So, you've got the same problem everyone else has then - the game isn't meant to be easy.

Snowy said:
It's never not worked for me, so I'd be quite surprised it is broken.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dileep.vaka said:
According to present rules i have to go with mitchel jonnson(not playing) and flintoff(forced to take as there is no other option).If i have to remove mitchel jonnson i have to wait for 1 more match.
Ah, but the thing is you didn't have to pick Johnson in the first place, but you obviously chose to in order to get other high value players into your team.

You can't then moan that you've got Johnson in the team, because you chose him.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks Marc and Perm for taking the time to respond in an appropriate fashion. They've both said what I would have said so I'll leave it at that.

On a different note, I'm starting to plan the next round of changes to the software that powers our Fantasy Cricket competitions, so if anyone is willing to put their views across in an adult manner, feel free to do so here - http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/survey.php

Regarding the form, it is now fixed.

dileep.vaka

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Ah, but the thing is you didn't have to pick Johnson in the first place, but you obviously chose to in order to get other high value players into your team.

You can't then moan that you've got Johnson in the team, because you chose him.

Yeah I accept that initially it was my mistake.But after that it was not in my hands.
I'm not feeling bad that i have taken him.Infact that helped me to take better player in other slot.

YYY= jonnson(in my case).
I will just give u a example what can happen
I want to remove YYY => I have create a room by substituting other player
Day1:so I remove XXX player ang get XXY player into team.
Day4:News that XXY is not playing the match because of so and so reason.(no one can say which player gets injured or ....)
Day5-Day9: Match day (Now at this point i have 2 players who are not playing)

Now what should i do.remove XXY or YYY????
You may argue that game is becoming intresting.But the person playing it will get bored/frustrated.

Ps1: I just want to see cricket web fantasy at top position compared to other fantasy games.
ps2: I'm not asking for my benfit.At present i'm at top of the leauge.And i don't mind loosing the competition.

marc71178 said:
And why not, Test teams play all rounders.

If you didn't, then what would Flintoff be classed as?
Flintoff can be there in both the categories.If there is no allrounder slot.
All rounder concept is good.But when u have only one all rounder there is no point of having a slot for that.But from next test match onward it would be fine as watson will come into the game.

Mr Janes.This is most probably my last post on this tpoic...James i think u can understand the problem.I don't care what ever my position is...I tried to give u a suggestion whether u accept it or not.

Last edited:

Snowy

Cricket Spectator
dileep.vaka is getting frustrated like i have been.

You must delete the all rounder or include more players in it... like channel 9, Richie Benaud and the commentry team says S.Warne, B.Lee and A.Giles are both bat and bowlers. (although i'm not even sure A.Giles is even a cricket player)

I'd have hate to have seen the 'older' fantasy cricket versions. C'mon guys, a site like this is first year uni php scripting at best, listen to your users, make some changes for the better.

andyc

Snowy said:
I'd have hate to have seen the 'older' fantasy cricket versions. C'mon guys, a site like this is first year uni php scripting at best, listen to your users, make some changes for the better.
As far as I can see, there are currently only two users complaining. The whole idea of fantasy cricket is that you don't know what's going to happen; you're going to get injuries or players being dropped. When you sign up, it's quite clear that you only get one change per week, so it might be a good idea to keep 2 or 4 points handy when you make your first team. I've had Watson in my team from the start, and I don't plan on changing him. Yes, I could make more points with Flintoff, but if I had him in, I wouldn't be able to have better players in my team. It's all about compromising to get what you think will the be the team that will get you the most points.

Perm

James said:
Thanks Marc and Perm for taking the time to respond in an appropriate fashion. They've both said what I would have said so I'll leave it at that.

On a different note, I'm starting to plan the next round of changes to the software that powers our Fantasy Cricket competitions, so if anyone is willing to put their views across in an adult manner, feel free to do so here - http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/survey.php

Regarding the form, it is now fixed.
No problem James, only too happy to help. I'll have a go at filling out the survey aswell.