• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the ABE thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had a belly full of cider on Tuesday in the boozer, came home and carried on. Found myself on scoredraw.com and it nearly got out of hand. Fortunately some of the ones I fancied weren't available.

Got 66 and 82 home replicas coming tomorrow. I know some don't like the unbranded retro gear but 66 wasn't branded anyway and really I couldn't care less, its good quality stuff but the actual story here is as a non or very infrequent gambler this is the closest I get to a patriotic pound

Worth noting that my TRFC retro gear is all branded BTW, up the whites.

Anyway sorry for hijacking your thread Mags but where else to talk about England shirts than the ABE thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
They've also massively cheated when it comes to the travel or lack thereof throughout the tournament.
All the omens are building. In 1966 the England v Portugal semi was supposed to be at Goodison Park and the other semi at Wembley, but FIFA switched them around during the week before. :cheers:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The pearl clutching over booing a national anthem is really hilarious.
I must admit I'm not a huge fan of it.

It's just bad manners and a basic dick move.

But I'm someone who likes silence for place kickers in the oval ball code, which I'm aware makes me terribly old fashioned.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wherever you stand on it, this idea that it's only those awful England fans who do it is absolutely shocking.

It's particularly galling when you hear such takes from Furball's countrymen, and even worse the Welsh.

But as we saw with Furball refusing to comment on Denmark's illegal goal despite bleating about England's penalty, they aren't exactly known for their even handedness when it comes to the English. Suppose that comes naturally with having a xenophobe like Nicola Sturgeon in charge, it filters down to the people, especially the SNP mob. Nationalists gonna nationalist I guess.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wherever you stand on it, this idea that it's only those awful England fans who do it is absolutely shocking.

It's particularly galling when you hear such takes from Furball's countrymen, and even worse the Welsh.

But as we saw with Furball refusing to comment on Denmark's illegal goal despite bleating about England's penalty, they aren't exactly known for their even handedness when it comes to the English. Suppose that comes naturally with having a xenophobe like Nicola Sturgeon in charge, it filters down to the people, especially the SNP mob. Nationalists gonna nationalist I guess.
Booing a national anthem, unless you're Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish and you're booing England appropriating God Save the Queen, is a dick move.

Also, the bolded is funny for a guy with England for the English in his signature.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Booing a national anthem, unless you're Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish and you're booing England appropriating God Save the Queen, is a dick move
Yeah you defo wouldn’t boo if it was Land of Hope and Glory :laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Furball, are you claiming that the reason Scottish and Welsh fans boo GSTQ is because it’s a misuse of the British anthem, and not because they want to boo whatever the English are playing?