• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Match/Series that changed Cricket

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair, when you challenge someone into the ring and they fell you with a single punch in the nose, it's best to not rise up again for further humiliation. So well done going into hiding I guess.
You're just looking to feel good about yourself in something that doesn't involve you. Put the nationalism away.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, when you challenge someone into the ring and they fell you with a single punch in the nose, it's best to not rise up again for further humiliation.
More than a few CW posters, some in this very thread, could do with this advice

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India's win in the 2007 T20 World Cup.
The cricketing world would have been very different had India not won the Cup. Maybe, no IPL..no T20 leagues. Proper Test series/tours, no early retirements ( De Villers)
Surprisingly, India was one team which didn't took the Micky Mouse cricket seriously when it started off. If I'm correct the 2007 WC team didn't include Sachin, Zaheer, Harbhajan, and other stars.

Burgey

I think Sydney definitely accelerated it's introduction. India did use it at first but botched it's use then hated and refused to use it.
Wasn't the story that tendulkar didn't like it and his opinion sort of held sway? Or was it a more widespread thing than that?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka in Australia 1995/96 - Murali being no-balled by Hair started a chain of events which meant the ICC had to revisit the rules on throwing
New Zealand in Australia 2015/16 - The first D/N test ended up being a close and absorbing one which gave the green light for continued adoption

SillyCowCorner1

Did anyone mentioned that Angelo Mathews boundary catch in 2009 T20I WC against West Indies?

How did it changed the game? We now see more and more catches at the boundary that are spectacular and even saves are insane.