• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match attendances

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Coca-Cola is just pure acid.At least Pepsi has some balance between the acid and the other ingredients.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
On the matter at hand.Test matches in the West Indies,in certain places, are too expensive.I've had to join the club that owns the ground to watch the matches free because i couldn't bear to waste money just to see poor cricket.Also, the West Indies are too inconsistent and in certain islands there are more interesting things so people tend to gravitate towards these.

NikhilN

International Regular
Sehwag309 said:
I feel they should modernize all stadiums. Better seats, more screens,...
Maybe add more rooms with A/C in em and sell the tickets for them for a little higher price?

Deja moo

International Captain
with the amount of money the BCCI earns , they could atleast provide proper seats at the grounds.....Iam not crazy about spending 500 rupees to sit under the blazing sun on concrete seats.

Did you know that you got to be at your seat ( in ODIs ) atleast 2 hours before the match and cant leave to take even a **** till the lunch break ?

Craig

World Traveller
orangepitch said:
with the amount of money the BCCI earns , they could atleast provide proper seats at the grounds.....Iam not crazy about spending 500 rupees to sit under the blazing sun on concrete seats.

Did you know that you got to be at your seat ( in ODIs ) atleast 2 hours before the match and cant leave to take even a **** till the lunch break ?
Is 500 rupees actually a lot of money?

I mean put an example in dollars if possible.

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:

Its around 46 rupees to the dollar now, but I'm too lazy to divide 500 by 46 , so instead I'll divide 500 by 50....10 dollarsUS.

10 dollars may seem less ( I think ). But in terms of purchasing power , its a lot in India.....eg.a pepsi 300ml bottle costs 10 rupees here.....approx 20 cents.
how much does it cost in UK, Aus, Nzl etc ?

Craig

World Traveller
Depending on where you sit I guess and depending on the ground.

Last time I went to the 'Gabba I paid between $20-30 to get in.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
5 day pass for Boxing Day Test last year was about AUD$75 from memory.

V Reddy

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
That's a fairly reclusive attitude. Sure there are more replays etc at home but i personally enjoy spending a day in the sunshine(happens sometimes) lazing the day away watching a game. The atmosphere is part of the enjoyment.
Atmosphere is the major part i say if you go with a group of friends :cool:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Isolator said:
More chicks in the crowd. One camera devoted to said chicks. Directions of how to get in the vicinity of said chicks on big screen.

Big crowds.
:D

V Reddy

International Debutant
chicane said:
The atmosphere in Indian grounds is even better.....I enjoy going to the grounds but can't stand waiting in line for 5-6 hours, so I go only if I get complementary passes.
That is the worst part :dry:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Craig said:
Depending on where you sit I guess and depending on the ground.

Last time I went to the 'Gabba I paid between $20-30 to get in.
Australian or US dollars? Rs 25 equates to about 1 Aus dollar and so it means $20 as well if you go by Aus means.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Craig said:

A correction on Pepsi 300ml. It actually costs Rs 7.

An example, my 24 hrs unlimited Cable Internet without any bandwidth restrictions charges Rs.1000 per month. So it is worth a lot in India terms

V Reddy

International Debutant
Craig said:

A correction on Pepsi 300ml. It actually costs Rs 7.

An example, my 24 hrs unlimited Cable Internet without any bandwidth restrictions charges Rs.1000 per month. Many can't afford it and the last govt made proposals to reduce it by half to create a boom in Internet market like what happened with mobile market in India. Don't think the new Indian govt will do that(Ok, i won't deviate from the topic). So it is worth a lot in India terms

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nikhil4eva said:
Maybe add more rooms with A/C in em and sell the tickets for them for a little higher price?
Most grounds don't need it?

Selling Tickets at a higher price won't attract people?