• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match attendances

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
That's it? Just Rs. 10?

I went for a warm-up match between South Africa and Board President's XI match a long time back, and it was Rs. 100 back then.

Rs. 10 is a bit chopped down figure I reckon.
It goes down to that or even nothing in the 4th and 5th days when the game is going dead. Thats why even then there are people in the ground watching.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
It goes down to that or even nothing in the 4th and 5th days when the game is going dead. Thats why even then there are people in the ground watching.
I've gone for Ranji matches free of cost.

But if an international team is involved, it definitely doesn't go below Rs. 100, for the worst seats.

And, hardly would any ground ask for money if a team is chasing 50 runs in a whole days, or needs to pick a couple of wickets.

Regular days have apt prices.

Isolator

State 12th Man
More chicks in the crowd. One camera devoted to said chicks. Directions of how to get in the vicinity of said chicks on big screen.

Big crowds.

chicane

State Captain
PY said:
Agree completely.

When I went to ODI a while ago. As much as I enjoyed the cricket, the atmosphere was fantastic. Some people might not find drunken people funny but I found it hilarious. 'George Best' was worth many a laugh. :laugh:

Although we did get in trouble a fair bit with our teachers. :D
The atmosphere in Indian grounds is even better.....I enjoy going to the grounds but can't stand waiting in line for 5-6 hours, so I go only if I get complementary passes.

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
I'll tell you a way to make Test Matches more popular, tell the batsmen to stop blocking and leaving the f'ing ball and hit the damn thing instead.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Actually, the best way to increase attendance is to stop goddamn braindead ODI-zombies from breeding and spreading their worthless genes around.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
one_dayer said:
I'll tell you a way to make Test Matches more popular, tell the batsmen to stop blocking and leaving the f'ing ball and hit the damn thing instead.
Do you even remotely understand Test Match cricket?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Isolator said:
Actually, the best way to increase attendance is to stop goddamn braindead ODI-zombies from breeding and spreading their worthless genes around.
A few human rights implications there.

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Do you even remotely understand Test Match cricket?
Well basically each team is allowed 2 innings each and the team with the most
runs at the end is the winner.

:horse:

I enjoy watching test cricket when there are positive batsmen playing, it is the batsmen at the end of the day who dictate the pace the game is played at.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Isolator said:
More chicks in the crowd. One camera devoted to said chicks. Directions of how to get in the vicinity of said chicks on big screen.

Big crowds.
Why the low Bloemfontein crowds then?

NikhilN

International Regular
I think maybe people in pakistan dont come to watch is because it is too hot there and why go suffer in the sun when you could stay home in A/C, drink coke, hang out with friends, etc.

anzac

International Debutant
from memory the Indian crowds for the Home series v NZL weren't crash hot..........I know that sounds like a contradiction to my earlier post - but I said attendances "shouldn't" be a problem...............

my bet is Test match attendances have a lot to do with the current form of the protagonists, how the game / series pans out & is marketed to the locals...............

and as I said b4 there is too much of the ODI "smash & grab" available for the less "traditional" supporters to dine upon.............

Langeveldt

Soutie
chicane said:
Wow you have an acute sense of taste.....I only find Pepsi to be a little sweeter.
Yeah i do... (I meant coca cola was the minging fizz just incase there was misunderstanding :) )