• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricketer of the year - 2008

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
But once he's scored 300 runs in the first two matches against Australia and led them to an unassailable 2-0 lead by the end of 2008, I reckon he'll be right up there.
IF he does that, he'll be the undisputed choice and I doubt many will complain at his victory.

Even the biggest Smith fan on the forum (ie, me), however, can't see that that's very likely.
Oh noes... 7 runs short. :(

Rant0r

International 12th Man
But once he's scored 300 runs in the first two matches against Australia and led them to an unassailable 2-0 lead by the end of 2008, I reckon he'll be right up there.
Steyn to rip through Australia and bag a 10 for, and thus making him the undisputed cricketer of the year.
couple of nostradamuses on here

sehwag for me by the way, runs, wickets, against good opposition in tough circumstances/conditions

susudear

Banned
Not Gambhir?

couple of nostradamuses on here

sehwag for me by the way, runs, wickets, against good opposition in tough circumstances/conditions
The guy has scored all his runs against SL in SL, against Aus at home and Eng at home.

pup11

International Coach
I think for me Steyn has been the cricketer of the year and even the bowler of the year by a distance, the guy has simply been awesome, he has made huge contribution to almost every game his country has won this year and that' a big achievement for any player, on top of that his wicket taking form has almost been freakish, so i think he deserves both titles, my choice for batsman of the year would be Smith, not only is he the leading run scorer this year in test cricket, but his ability to play awesome knocks in the 4th innings of important games is very impressive, his knock at Edgbaston, his century at Perth and even his 75 today at the MCG (despite having a chronic tennis elbow problem), are all knocks that display a lot of character and class.

Cricketer of the year- Dale Steyn

Bowler of the year- Dale Steyn

Batsmen of the year- Graeme Smith

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Batsmen : Virender Sehwag or Graeme Smith.. Both has been brilliant and came to the party at crucial times for their respective sides. Sehwag's double hundred against SL was one of the best when all his team mates were clueless against Mendis. Also the match saving 150-odd in Adelaide, 80-odd against England. All vital ones. Same goes with smith,
100's in Australia, Match winning 150 odd against England in the run chase plus the highest run scorer in 2008. Has to be any one of these 2.

Bowler : Steyn rules this part, an amazing performer. Also Zaheer for me as a contender, a very underrated bowler. Bowled brilliantly all through 2008. Got wickets at the crucial times.

Also Mitchell Johnson, Australia's best bowler of the year. Did well against India in India, Against New Zealand and now against SA.

Flem274*

123/5
Iain O'Brien.
AWTA

Man its fun being a fanboy of someone who I hoped would never get another test after SA.

EDIT: Steyn has been the best of the year by a few million miles though, certainly setting himself up to be someone batsmen hate for a long time to come.