• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Country/Average Combo Draft Voting

Vote for the best 4 teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Below are all the teams that completed the Test Country/Average Combo Draft. To summarise, teams had to have 10 nationalities represented in their XI, They also had to pick a player each from 6 batting average categories, 4 bowling average categories and 1 free category. Those picked on batting had to bat in the top 7 and those on bowling had to bat at 7-11.

If you would like to see more regarding the rules of the draft here is a link to the draft.

Please vote for the teams you deem to be the 4 best sides

Krypto
JarquisLine and LengthTeutonmr_misterBitmapPothas
Alastair CookArthur MorrisJack Hobbs /Victor TrumperHanif MohammedGeoffrey BoycottTrevor Goddard
Matthew HaydenGordon GreenidgeVirender Sehwag /Bill LawrySanath JayasuriyaGary BallanceTilakaratne Dilshan
Kumar SangakkaraMonimul HaqueRicky Ponting (c) /Kane WilliamsonGary SobersGeorge HeadleyViv Richards*
Jacques KallisMushtaq MohammadMartin Crowe /Frank Worrell (c)Allan Border *Brian LaraSteve Smith
Mark WaughAndy FlowerShakib Al Hasan /oSikandar RazaBrendon McCullum+Asghar AfghanJaved Miandad
Hamilton MasakadzaAdam Gilchrist (WK)Shahid Afridi /oRishabh Pant (WK)MahmudullahDenis Lindsay+Craig Ervine
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (WK)Ian BothamTatenda Taibu (WK)Andrew FlintoffGrant FlowerChris CairnsLorcan Tucker+
Tim SoutheeRavindra JadejaRavi Ratnayeke oWasim AkramMaurice TateImran Khan*Richard Hadlee
Sarfraz NawazMike ProcterPeter Pollock oRangana HerathCurtly AmbroseDennis LilleeStuart Broad
Rashid KhanDaniel VettoriJoel Garner oDale SteynAllan DonaldAnil KumbleHarbhajan Singh
Courtney WalshChaminda VaasJeff Thomson oTaijul IslamBhagwat ChandrasekharLasith MalingaMichael Holding
Patience and Accuracy+GutAndrewBJOJOXItrundlerFuller PilchSilver SilvaArcher6K
Len HuttonGraham GoochBarry RichardsHashim AmlaWG Grace1. Sunil Gavaskar1) Herbert Sutcliffe
Bert SutcliffeVijay MerchantTamim IqbalVinoo MankadBob Simpson2. Graeme Smith2) Inzamam-ul-Haq
Kevin ArnottClyde WalcottNeil HarveyWalter HammondAzhar Ali3. Glenn Turner3) Sachin Tendulkar
A.B De VilliersAngelo MatthewsGreg ChappellClem HillMahela Jayawardene4. Everton Weekes4) Harry Tector
Arjuna Ranatunga*Dave HoughtonRoss TaylorThilan SamaraweeraShivnarine Chanderpaul5. Aravinda De Silva5) Dinesh Chandimal
Kamran Akmal+Sarfaraz Ahmed+Mohammad Rizwan (wk)Brendon TaylorMushfiqur Rahim (wk)6. Rahmat Shah6) Jeff Dujon (WK)
Mohammad NabiShaun PollockKapil Dev (c)Khaled Mashud+Daryl Mitchell7. Litton Das (WK)7) Keith Miller (3)
Ray LindwallShane WarnePaul StrangMalcolm MarshallRavi Ashwin8. Brian McMillan8) Aubrey Faulkner (4)
Sylvester ClarkeTrent BoultHarold LarwoodWaqar YounisHeath Streak9. Saqlain Mushtaq9) Mehidy Hasan Miraz (5)
Tiger O’ReillyBoyd RankinAndy RobertsNeil WagnerFred Trueman10. Bill Johnston10) Alan Davidson (1)
Jasprit BumrahGlenn McGrathMuttiah MuralitharanNathan LyonKagiso Rabada11. Sydney Barnes11) Richard Collinge (2)

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Look I don't care much for voting and it's not a reflection of anything however this is the weakest general batting lineups I've seen in a test draft, barring I haven't done many however it seems there was genuine struggle getting bats in position and build cohesiveness in batting lineup.Seems the keeper rule caused some chaos, really enjoyed this draft.

There are a few incredibly balanced teams and solid builds also one or two that has betting cohesion and depth.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I’d lean to mr_m’s criticism. I mean, I know Monimul isn’t Headley but the batting really is fine/more than very good outside of the 3-4 spots

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I’d lean to mr_m’s criticism. I mean, I know Monimul isn’t Headley but the batting really is fine/more than very good outside of the 3-4 spots
Batting fine, although a 3-7 of Mominul-Flower-Mushtaq-Botham-Gilchrist looks a better structure.

Jarquis

Haha that is exactly why they are at 6 and 7.
I don’t think I should actually win this or anything but I do think people tend to look at the ‘best combination of best players’ which is why often a team of Bradman an ATG bowler and 9 numpties will do well

mr_mister

I don’t think I should actually win this or anything but I do think people tend to look at the ‘best combination of best players’ which is why often a team of Bradman an ATG bowler and 9 numpties will do well
Yeah I noticed that years ago. I used to go out of my way to have no passengers in my team while sacrificing one or two less ATGs and it often burnt me

I knew with this draft as soon as I got Ambrose/Donald and Sobers/Border I'd be in good stead

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I noticed that years ago. I used to go out of my way to have no passengers in my team while sacrificing one or two less ATGs and it often burnt me
Yeah, I did that in this draft and have been cooked a bit in voting.

Last edited: