• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Career Chain Draft – Voting

Vote for the three best test teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ataraxia

International Coach
JOJOXI:

Gordon Greenidge
David Warner
Ken Barrington
Steve Smith (p/t - 7)
Joe Root (p/t - 6)
Andy Flower (wk)
Ian Botham (4)
Richie Benaud (5)
Ray Lindwall (1)
Clarrie Grimmett (3)
Dennis Lillee (2)

Fuller Pilch:

Sunil Gavaskar
Arthur Morris
Marnus Labuschagne
Younis Khan
Steve Waugh (c)
Aubrey Faulkner
Mike Procter
Alan Knott (wk)
Pat Cummins
Shane Bond
Muttiah Muralitharan

ankitj:

Len Hutton
Rahul Dravid
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dudley Nourse
Frank Worrell [6] (c)
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Andrew Flintoff [5]
Alan Davidson [2]
Shane Warne [4]
Fazal Mahmood [3]
Michael Holding [1]

trundler:

Graeme Smith*
Geoff Boycott
Ted Dexter 5
Everton Weekes
Virat Kohli
Michael Clarke
Brendon McCullum+
Alec Bedser 3
Derek Underwood 4
Curtly Ambrose 2
Glen McGrath 1

ataraxia:

1) Jack Hobbs /
2) Bill Lawry /
3) Clyde Walcott /
4) Jacques Kallis / o
5) Javed Miandad /
6) Shivnarine Chanderpaul /
7) BJ Watling + /
8) Ravichandran Ashwin o /
9) Wasim Akram o /
10) Sydney Barnes o
11) Allan Donald o

Pothas:

Bob Simpson
Virender Sehwag
Kane Williamson
Wally Hammond
Ranjitsinhji
Clive Lloyd*
Matt Prior+
Shaun Pollock
Richard Hadlee
Hedley Verity
Dale Steyn

honestbharani:

Headley
Border* (7)
Bradman
McCabe
Shakib (6)
Stokes (4)
MSD +
Starc (1)
Yasir (5)
Waqar (3)
Adcock (2)

Himannv:

01. Barry Richards
02. W. G. Grace
03. Viv Richards
04. Greg Chappell*
05. Rohan Kanhai
06. Mike Hussey
07. Sarfaraz Ahmed+
08. Anil Kumble
09. Harold Larwood
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Courtney Walsh

kingkallis:

Herbert Sutcliffe /
Graham Gooch /
Neil Harvey /
Brian Lara /
AB de Villiers /
Keith Miller / o
Mark Boucher + /
Vernon Philander o /
Andy Roberts o
Bill O'Reilly o
Joel Garner o

Michaelf7777777:

Matthew Hayden
Tom Latham
Ricky Ponting (*)
Sachin Tendulkar (6)
Graeme Pollock
Les Ames (+)
Kapil Dev (3)
Ravindra Jadeja (5)
Wilfred Rhodes (4)
Peter Pollock (2)
Malcolm Marshall (1)

Teuton:

Victor Trumper
Alastair Cook
Kumar Sangakkara
Mohammad Yousuf
Denis Compton
Gary Sobers
Quinton de Kock
Imran Khan c
Jim Laker
Fred Trueman
James Anderson

kingkallis

International Coach
There are some seriously good teams and its not easy to pick Top 3.

Anyways, I feel that JOJOXI, Fuller Pilch & Pothas have drafted amazing teams.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Had a rough current and last week at work. I really did not follow the draft games closely enough to play better.

Still think my side is the best though. :p

Himannv

International Coach
Really hard to pick 3 teams. Lots of excellent sides built by obviously experienced drafters.

JOJOXI - He's missing a Jack Hobbs or a similarly great opener instead of Warner to really take this team to the next level. What I really like though is the batting from 3 to 8. Barrington and Smith sound like a pairing that'll bat for ages. I'm not sure how well Flower bats when he wears the gloves and I don't know if Benaud and Grimmett are the right pairing considering they're both leggies.

FP - Lovely openers and YK at 4 plus Waugh at 5, nice lower order pairings as well. Not quite convinced by Marnus as yet and I'd have liked a better fast bowler in that attack, but apart from this, a top team for sure.

ankit - My only gripe is the opener. I might have preferred Worrell opening instead of Dravid. Apart from that one last pick that ruined it a bit this is simply the best team.

trundler - Love this bowling attack. McGrath and Ambrose!! Wow! The batting is not quite as eye-catching.

ataraxia - Excellent team on the whole and well-balanced. I haven't yet figured out how to rate Ashwin's bowling in Tests so there's a question mark for me there but this is a brilliantly structured side.

Pothas - Brilliant bowling attack and decent batting. The batting probably a lot depends on Hammond a bit.

hb - What am I looking at here?

Himannv - Pff, best team.

kk - He's done it again hasn't he. Excellent bowling attack although I think it's the O'Reilly pick that really lifts the bowling up. Perfectly balanced batting side as well.

Michael - Nice team. I don't know how to rate Jadeja and Latham yet. Love nos 3 to 6 - particularly that Ponting, Tendulkar, Pollock combo.

Teuton - Superb bowling attack and good batting although I think it's down to that Sobers Imran double double.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still managed an ATG opening duo as well as Weekes and Kohli so I think that's plenty of batting given my bowling attack. Every team is carrying a couple of sub ATG bats so Clarke and Dexter are still fine IMO.

Himannv

International Coach
I still managed an ATG opening duo as well as Weekes and Kohli so I think that's plenty of batting given my bowling attack. Every team is carrying a couple of sub ATG bats so Clarke and Dexter are still fine IMO.
I think I was just blown away by the bowling and then saw the batting and thought it didn't quite have that same feeling. Maybe just needed a star batsman somewhere in there. Anyway I haven't voted yet. Still thinking on it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, having an ATG+ like Tendulkar or Hammond would've really sealed the deal admittedly.

kingkallis

International Coach
kk - He's done it again hasn't he. Excellent bowling attack although I think it's the O'Reilly pick that really lifts the bowling up. Perfectly balanced batting side as well.
Yes sir. I am very happy to have such gun bowling line up of,

Garner
Philander
Roberts
Miller
O'Reilly

Sutcliffe and Gooch can wear out the bowlers and Harvey and Lara can do their magic before de Villiers & Miller murders them.