• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test batsmen and bowlers peaks. Criteria: At least 5 years and at least 40 innings

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
At the height of his run of failing to convert, Border's average actually went up! In a run of 19 Tests from January 1989 to January 1991, he passed 50 a remarkable 16 times (not converting any of them into tons!) and averaged nearly 60. His decline in average came after that, and ironically accelerated when he was converting a bit better but scoring far less consistently.
How many of those were not outs and in declarations. I can imagine that would have happened in the 89 Ashes a bit with the top 4 or 5 scoring runs for fun, and AB hitting 50* in a declaration batting 5 or 6.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
How many of those were not outs and in declarations. I can imagine that would have happened in the 89 Ashes a bit with the top 4 or 5 scoring runs for fun, and AB hitting 50* in a declaration batting 5 or 6.
Yeah, there was a lot of red ink - plenty of 60/70-odd not outs.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Over a 5 year period…. May 2006-May 2011 Sri Lanka had these blokes going nuts.

Sangakkara 37 matches 3958 @ 71.96
Jayawardene 38 matches 3856 @ 64.26
Samaraweera 26 matches 2375 @ 67.85

They also had Murali (ret. Jul 2010) in this period: 29 matches 186 @ 23.61

They went 8-5-3 when all 4 played together, and 18-10-10 throughout this entire period.

Crazy to have three seperate batsmen having their 5 year peaks at the exact same time in the exact same team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am depressed because I don't get this joke.
Can someone explain, please?
Root doesn't convert 50s to 100s often enough and apparently turned a deaf ear, at best, or was a part of racist culture, at worst, in the Yorkshire dressing room.

Border seems to fit both bills. :ph34r:

bagapath

International Captain
Root doesn't convert 50s to 100s often enough and apparently turned a deaf ear, at best, or was a part of racist culture, at worst, in the Yorkshire dressing room.

Border seems to fit both bills. :ph34r:
now that you have explained it clearly I am even more depressed.
border was never a racist, in my heart at least.
meet me for that coffee we have been planning for years.