• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Auction Draft

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Alec Bedser - $50,000 ankitj SOLD
Alec Stewart - $60,000 Michaelf7777777 SOLD
Warwick Armstrong - $60,000 Michaelf77777777 SOLD

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Final list

Total Pool of Players available currently : 120

1) Michaelf7777777 - $99,700 (18- Verity, Blackham, Crowe, Worrell, Grace, Grimmett, Boucher, Morris, Bland, Constantine, Mailey, Sydney Barnes, K.Hughes, Bert Vogler, Jackson, Hirst, Stewart, Armstrong)

2) honestbharani - $8000 (11- Laxman, Walcott, Flintoff, Davidson, Farokh Engineer, A.Cook, Kanhai, G.Turner, Fanie, Marshall, Laker)

3) Teuton - $44,000 (11-Mike Procter, Jeff Dujon, Kevin Pietersen, Lillee, Katich, G.Pollock, Greenidge, Bill OReilly, Tyson, Viv, K.Miller)

4) JOJOXI - $32,000 ( 10-W.Younis, J Kallis, Benaud, Trueman, AB De Villers, Garner, Donnelly, Hanif, Gilchrist, Fredericks)

5) ankitj - $1000 (11- Les Ames, Tendulkar, Shaun Pollock, Javed Miandad, Warne, B.Richards, Hammond, C.Lloyd, Gooch, Streak, Bedser)

6) anil1405 - $0 (13- Monty Noble, Peter Pollock, Larwood, Mankad, Waite, Hadlee, Archie Jackson, Hobbs, Dravid, Ponting, G.Chappell, Headley, Lara)

7) Himmanv - $0 (11- Ambrose, Compton, Kirsten, McGrath, Briggs, A.Flower, Gower, Jardine, Simpson, Steyn, Lindsay)

8) CricAddict - $0 (12- Hayden, Murali, Harmison, Allan Lamb, Sobers, Weekes, W.Rhodes, Sarwan, Walsh, G.Evans, A.Roberts, Walters)

9) trundler - $37,000 (9- Hutton, Tayfield, Nourse, Spofforth, Hill, Bradman, Chanderpaul, Fazal Mahmood, Bruce Mitchell)

10) Line and Length - $7,000 (14- Harvey, Kallicharan, Turner, Tallon, Lohmann, Ranji, Gavaskar, Trumper, Gibbs, Kapil Dev, Knott, Lindwall, Maclaren, Snow)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
2) honestbharani - $8000 (11- Laxman, Walcott, Flintoff, Davidson, Farokh Engineer, A.Cook, Kanhai, G.Turner, Fanie, Marshall, Laker)

Honest Hunks

Alastair Cook
Glenn Turner
Rohan Kanhai
Clyde Walcott
VVS Laxman
Andrew Flintoff
Farokh Engineer (wk)
Alan Davidson
Jim Laker
Malcolm Marshall
Fanie De Villiers

Excellent side. The lack of a second spinner could be an issue when playing in the SC or whatever but I feel have every other base covered and is as good a side as I could hope for in an auction format draft.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
My final team:

S.Gavaskar
V.Trumper
N.Harvey
Ranjitsinhji
A.Kallicharan
A.Knott
K.Dev
R.Lindwall
C.Turner
G.Lohmann
L.Gibbs

12th man A.MacLaren

Reserves: J.Snow (in rotation policy with Turner & Lohmann), D.Tallon (2 'keepers is a bit extravagant)

Knott and Dev interchangeable in the order. Strong batting down to #9. Solid bowling unit.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Update

News coming in that Sir Donald Bradman retired from Test Cricket. In an interview, he expressed his anger towards drafting community as he feels he’s being neglected mostly in all his career. We have to wait and see if he returns in future or not.

1632813198988.jpeg

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks @AndyZaltzHair. I completed my XI then with $1K to spare.

Barry Richards
Graham Gooch
Wally Hammond [5]
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Clive Lloyd (c)
Les Ames (wk)
Shaun Pollock [1]
Heath Streak [3]
Shane Warne [4]
Alec Bedser [2]

Gun batting full of ATGs and ATVGs and bats deep too with Warne at #10. Bowling is solid but lacks bit of punch that comes from presence of a tier-1 pace bowler. But with Warne you got the x-factor and 3 pace bowlers are fairly capable too. Hammond to provide the cushion to bowling with his medium pace.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks @AndyZaltzHair. I completed my XI then with $1K to spare.

Barry Richards
Graham Gooch
Wally Hammond [5]
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Clive Lloyd (c)
Les Ames (wk)
Shaun Pollock [1]
Heath Streak [3]
Shane Warne [4]
Alec Bedser [2]

Gun batting full of ATGs and ATVGs and bats deep too with Warne at #10. Bowling is solid but lacks bit of punch that comes from presence of a tier-1 pace bowler. But with Warne you got the x-factor and 3 pace bowlers are fairly capable too. Hammond to provide the cushion to bowling with his medium pace.
Nice team.

anil1405

International Captain
1. Jack Hobbs
2. Vinoo Mankad (5)
3. Ricky Ponting
4. George Headley
5. Brian Lara
6. Greg Chappell (C)
7. Monty Noble (4)
8. John Waite (Wk)
9. Richard Hadlee (1)
10. Peter Pollock (3)
11. Harold Larwood (2)

12th: Rahul Dravid
13th: Archie Jackson

5 ATG batsmen (plus Dravid on the bench). A no.11 who averages 19 with the bat in both tests and FC cricket. Is there a better batting line up in the draft?

Bowling wise it's lead by a man who is used to destroying attacks on his own for years and here he is ably supported by Larwood, Pollock and Noble. Ideally would've preferred another spin bowler for SC conditions but Mankad is no stranger to being a full time spinner.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
1. Jack Hobbs
2. Vinoo Mankad (5)
3. Ricky Ponting
4. George Headley
5. Brian Lara
6. Greg Chappell (C)
7. Monty Noble (4)
8. John Waite (Wk)
9. Richard Hadlee (1)
10. Peter Pollock (3)
11. Harold Larwood (2)

12th: Rahul Dravid
13th: Archie Jackson

5 ATG batsmen (plus Dravid on the bench). A no.11 who averages 19 with the bat in both tests and FC cricket. Is there a better batting line up in the draft?

Bowling wise it's lead by a man who is used to destroying attacks on his own for years and here he is ably supported by Larwood, Pollock and Noble. Ideally would've preferred another spin bowler for SC conditions but Mankad is no stranger to being a full time spinner.
That batting is sick

anil1405

International Captain
That batting is sick
Yeah, I didn't need Headley. I was trying to get the most out of your purse but that backfired. Could've got Warne with that money but I wouldn't mind such a strong batting line up for once.

Yeah but 4 #3s with a 5th in the shed too.. :laugh:
Surprised that someone with such a vast knowledge of the game considers Lara and Chappell as #3's.

It's easy for a #4 batsman to adapt to #5 and #6 in this side. There is basically no tail in the batting line up and even if 3 or 4 wickets fall for under 100 (which wont happen often) they can still adapt and play their natural game knowing that they will get good support from batsmen to come.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Surprised that someone with such a vast knowledge of the game considers Lara and Chappell as #3's.

It's easy for a #4 batsman to adapt to #5 and #6 in this side. There is basically no tail in the batting line up and even if 3 or 4 wickets fall for under 100 (which wont happen often) they can still adapt and play their natural game knowing that they will get good support from batsmen to come.

I meant it as a good thing. And I would let Ponting bat 6 given his style of play. Headley 3, Lara 4 and GC 5.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
W. G. Grace (6)
Arthur Morris
Frank Worrell (*) (8)
Martin Crowe
Stanley Jackson (7)
Alec Stewart (+)
George Hirst (3)
Learie Constantine (2)
Hedley Verity (5)
Clarrie Grimmett (4)