• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar : End of reign in ODIs???

Is Tendulkar's reign in ODIs over??

• Total voters

pup11

International Coach
There is no doubt that Tendulkar can walk in to the ODI side anytime, and his form has been good also.

But, will it disturb the existing core of the team? The current ODI side is binding beautifully as a unit.
And i thought you were a Tendulkar fan...:wacko:

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has Tendulkar become a burden in ODIs

Before the start of ODI series Tendulkar announced that he needs rest and will not be available for first 3 ODIs. I cant imagine any other player in Indian team doing that. He did.
As the ODI series progressed to first 3 matches, some chinks in the armor were exposed.
In bowling R P Singh was deposed.
In batting Rohit Sharma is failing and there are many players who can be tried in his place.

But hold on, We have Tendulkar who is back from his hiatus and ready to play. So please include him in the team.
Consequences of his inclusion into the team
1. He will open the batting so an inform Sehwag or Gambhir will have to make way for him. No one knows for sure if that happens, in what position will they play?
2. Ageing Tendulkar will be slow in the field. So far the fielding from Indian team has been good if not outstanding.

Have included a poll with this thread which will give opportunity to Tendulkar Lovers/Bashers equal opportunity. Those who are neutral can also have a say.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Before the start of ODI series Tendulkar announced that he needs rest and will not be available for first 3 ODIs. I cant imagine any other player in Indian team doing that. He did.
As the ODI series progressed to first 3 matches, some chinks in the armor were exposed.
In bowling R P Singh was deposed.
In batting Rohit Sharma is failing and there are many players who can be tried in his place.

But hold on, We have Tendulkar who is back from his hiatus and ready to play. So please include him in the team.
Consequences of his inclusion into the team
1. He will open the batting so an inform Sehwag or Gambhir will have to make way for him. No one knows for sure if that happens, in what position will they play?
2. Ageing Tendulkar will be slow in the field. So far the fielding from Indian team has been good if not outstanding.

Have included a poll with this thread which will give opportunity to Tendulkar Lovers/Bashers equal opportunity. Those who are neutral can also have a say.
Do you have any idea how many runs he has scored in the last two years in ODI's ?

Do you have any idea how many fielders in the side he is a better fielder than ?

Or are you one of those who forms his opinions from watching those jokers pontificating on the Aaj Taq and India TV news channels ?

AS for the gentleman who is "not sure" the less said the better :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a ridiculous question in the title.

Should come into the middle order though.

masterblaster

International Captain
Tendulkar a burden in ODI's?

Absolutely one of the most ridiculous thread I've seen on CW. People got so caught up over this new youthful looking Indian side when they won the Tri Series in Australia, but they overlook the fact that had Tendulkar not scored a 100 and a 90 odd in the two games, India would not have won that tournament.

It's silly to think that Tendulkar would upset the chemistry of this Indian side. Somebody like Rohit Sharma or Yusuf Pathan can easily sit on the bench for Tendulkar.

I'd be tempted to go for a lineup similar to this:

1. Gambhir
2. Tendulkar
3. Sehwag
4. Raina
5. Yuvraj
6. Dhoni
7. Yusuf Pathan/Rohit Sharma/Irfan Pathan
8. Harbhajan
9. Zaheer
10. Ishant
11. Munaf

If Tendulkar is fit and rested and wants to play himself, then he should play. If Tendulkar wants to be rested, all well and good and then you can give a younger guy the opportunity. But if Tendulkar is available, it's madness not to include him.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What a Joke, people just wake up in the morning and decide, It is my turn be dumb today. And the poor CW members suffer.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Or are you one of those who forms his opinions from watching those jokers pontificating on the Aaj Taq and India TV news channels ?
This thread needs a diversion, so I wonder, which cricket discussion on television is the dumbest of them all? I'd say "Dial C for Cricket" on NEO Sports.

Precambrian

Banned
This thread needs a diversion, so I wonder, which cricket discussion on television is the dumbest of them all? I'd say "Dial C for Cricket" on NEO Sports.
Yeah that show definitely takes the cake and the tomato. A close second would be that stupid show involving Nikhil Chopra and Saba Karim in Star Cricket.

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thanks guys for your opinion.......Going by the poll results ......I assume Tendulkar ranks high among Indians.......ROW does not feel so or perhaps simply not interested.....keep voting.....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that show definitely takes the cake and the tomato. A close second would be that stupid show involving Nikhil Chopra and Saba Karim in Star Cricket.
Timed Out is a funny show where they try to talk through every issue in five minutes, and have that funny masked interaction. It's significantly better than Dial C for Cricket (maybe it deserves its own thread?) where a whole lot of callers keep arguing with each other, the host and even the experts- seeing (especially) Lalchand Rajput and Abbey Kuruvilla subject to this was painful.

Mard

Banned
I think the best spot for tendulaker is at 3 now because gambhir and Shewag are really becoming good openers