• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Built For <<Challenge>>

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
For the first scenario, I would include Martin Snedden - he could bore a glass eye to sleep.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Some new scenarios -

Mental Disintegration (ie Sledging) XI

Dustbowl XI

Injured XI

Dirty Play XI

Set your eleven-picking abilities loose.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Dustbowl XI
Hayden
Sehwag
Samaraweera
Martyn
Dravid
Inzamam
Sangakkara
Vaas
Muralitharan
Harbhajan
Zoysa

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Injured XI (I presume this means who if were injured would you still like playing for you)
Langer
Richardson
McCosker
Tendulkar
SR Waugh
Inzamam (Would help if he had a runner)
Stewart
Bichel
Rafique
Williams
Lillee

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Dirty Play XI
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik (c)
Rashid Latif (wk)
Saleem Malik
Sarandeep Singh
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
James90 said:
Dirty Play XI
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik (c)
Rashid Latif (wk)
Saleem Malik
Sarandeep Singh
Saleem Malik
Saleem Malik
What's the deal with Latif? I thought he was gagged for speaking out against match-fixing and abusive sledging, not participating in it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Claiming a dropped catch vs Bdesh.

You forget Cronje and Azharuddin. Plus Dean Jones must get a place in the injured XI on that criteria.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If Latif is in for claiming a dropped catch, he may have to share the 'keeping duties with Greg Dyer.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Dustbowl XI:

1. Bill Ponsford (reputed to be one of the best players of spin EVER)
2. Matthew Hayden (first tour to India says it all)
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Inzamam-ul-haq
5. Darren Lehmann
6. Clive Lloyd (skipper)
7. Ian Healy (keeper) (excellent keeper to spin)
8. Anil Kumble (bowls very well on spin paradises, and most other pitches besides)
9. Wasim Akram (did extremely well on unforgiving home pitches)
10. Waqar Younis (see Wasim)
11. Muttiah Muralitharan (would feel right at home)

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Dirty Play XI:

1. Graeme Smith (his sledging alone is enough to qualify)
2. Douglas Jardine
3. Mohammed Azharuddin
4. Mark Waugh
5. Hansie Cronje (captain)
6. Salim Malik
7. Rashid Latif (keeper)
8. Shane Warne
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Bill Voce
11. Merv Hughes

Deja moo

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hard to pick a bodyline side. Steve Waugh is probably the best player I have seen to have in a situation like that, though.
Are you kidding ? All you'll get is duck the ball -duck the ball-duck-duck-duck-duck.

The reason Steve Waugh was dropped and Mark Waugh played early on in their careers was because Steve couldnt keep the shots off the hort ball away from the fielders hands. It was only when he decided to abndon those shots that he was picked again. I'd think that a bodyline 11 would have players who could actually look to score successfully off that line of attack.

bryce

International Regular
Voltman said:
If Latif is in for claiming a dropped catch, he may have to share the 'keeping duties with Greg Dyer.
yeah dyer the liar as he was known after that.
interesting to see who would be picked in an 'injured XI' - meaning people who are currently injured, more long term injuries other than short term ones would be preferable, here's some names i could come up with(poor effort i must admit) - all of them bowlers which is hardly suprising

Bond
Gul
Shabbir
Mushtaq

Last edited: