• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Surprise cricketer/s of 2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Joyce was discarderd because overall he himself didn't hold a place as ODI opener based on performances - not because ENG had some policy & picking random Irishmen. After all he wanted to play for ENG. If he was good enough he would still be in the team as Morgan is ATM.

Rankin is just the fast-bowler ENG need in the bowling ranks given how bare the cupboard is right now.
Joyce was picked as an ODI opener though, when he's a quality longer-form middle-order batsman. True to form they'll probably pick Rankin and bat him at 4 then discard him permanently after three unsuccessful ODIs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Joyce was picked as an ODI opener though, when he's a quality longer-form middle-order batsman.
As an ODI opener that was the only role in the ODI team in which he would have made sense in the ODI team. Since as middle-order bat his style of play isn't what the ODI team needed.

He is still an option for the test side i'd say. Its just that an option in the middle-roder really hasn't opened up for him in the last few years.

True to form they'll probably pick Rankin and bat him at 4 then discard him permanently after three unsuccessful ODIs.
Haa dont get outrageous now son..

Craig

World Traveller
If Mohammed Aamer were Indian, then I would imagine SS would be tempted to bring out his 'Indian wheel of mediocrity' avatar.

Howsie

International Captain
Pretty obvious choices.
Pretty average I thought. He could of at least named a few guys that hadn't played international cricket yet instead of guys like Stuart Broad who have been playing international cricket for five years now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haa yea..But it would very disappointing if they aren't fit though
de Wet won't be and Edwards and Taylor unfortunately very rarely survive a series and there is 6 limited overs games before the first test match.

Think pace maybe null and void anyhow, going by recent series in the West Indies. That is why South Africa are banking on getting Tahir through government xenophobia. Though, Jamaica might have some pace and the Windies quicks can take the wicket out of the equation.

In regard to Roebuck’s article, just very obvious. Any knowledgeable cricket fan will be familiar with all of those names even the Australians. Stuart Broad has nearly played 100 times for England!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Huge call by the look of him
Sri Lanka must have home and away series against Bangladesh.

Edit - According to the FTP they only play 3 test matches this year. At home against the Windies in November/December.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
de Wet won't be and Edwards and Taylor unfortunately very rarely survive a series and there is 6 limited overs games before the first test match.
All true. But i'm staying confident more series where batsman have to be tested againts a quality pace-attack is what is needed ATM.

Dont SA have any other quality young bowler in doemstic cricket?. I was hearing about a bloke by the name about Theron recently?

That is why South Africa are banking on getting Tahir through government xenophobia.
Seems like he is out. Saw on cricinfo the other day he cant play for SA until decemeber now. Stuck with Harris for now unfortuantely

Think pace maybe null and void anyhow, going by recent series in the West Indies.

Though, Jamaica might have some pace and the Windies quicks can take the wicket out of the equation.
Checking the fixtures. I reckon Jamaica & Barbados could be very quick pitches. St.Kitts likely to be a road..

bryce

International Regular
Corey Anderson, probably in the latter half of 2010. This guy was made for international cricket

Also Neil Broom :ph34r:

Last edited: