• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was gonna say the same thing!

Vettori is the most guilty IMO
I've gone off Daniel Vettori just recently it has to be said, he's looked very uninterested whilst in the field and I get the impression that he would rather be elsewhere.

pup11

International Coach
Lara has to bat at no.3, because thats the position where the best batsman of any team should bat.

Coming at no.5 is too negative an approach by him IMO.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Is it easy to watch this game in Japan? Can you play at all there?
Its easy!! Just expensive :(

Although school starts the week after next, so staying up all night is gonna be a bit tough. But I'm game :D

Can I play?
hmmmm, first of all, there are no open spaces in Japan. (not exaggerating)
Also, there is no grass. (yet again, not exaggerating)

Ive played cricket once since i came to Japan, about 2 years ago on a dirt field. 4 a side stuff. Needless to say, Japan lacks cricketing numbers. :(

Perm

Not always true... I wouldn't condone Pietersen batting at 3 for England.
But Pietersen would be the best man to close an innings in England's current lineup, therefore being at #4 or #5 would be better for the team overall, even if he does not get the same opportunities to score hundreds from there. Bit different with Lara though, I would like to see Marlon samuels at #5 for the West Indies but for some reason the selectors are obviously reasonably keen to bat him up the order.

pup11

International Coach
I love this camera-man, i would like to say you are really doing a great job mate. he..he..he..

Loony BoB

International Captain
I suspect Lara doesn't bat at #3 unless his openers start making decent partnerships. Not a huge difference between opening and #3 if your openers get out early. Would you have Lara open?

Perm

I suspect Lara doesn't bat at #3 unless his openers start making decent partnerships. Not a huge difference between opening and #3 if your openers get out early. Would you have Lara open?
He's done it successfully in the past. I would prefer to stick with Chanderpaul and Gayle though, but there's no reason why he couldn't do it.