• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You seem somewhat disappointed by his lack of a grimace. :sleep:
Trust me, doing that hurts. Especially considering he hit the deck and basically rebounded straight back, those sort of incidents have ruined many a man's knee in the past.

On a side note, New Zealand's fielding has been top notch in this game so far. Hamish Marshall has made quite a few diving saves and the catching has been very safe aswell. Apart from the Mason/McMillan stuff up, it's all been very good. Hoping to see a direct hit at some stage though.

GGG

State Captain
Yeah half the reason Marshall is there, may not play another game but bet he will be a sub fielder.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol. I meant how many can they lose and still get through?!
Well, it depends on other results and who they lose to, but basically, any team can lose 3 games and still make it through.4 at an absolute stretch. Given they've already lost to NZ though, they could only really afford to drop 2 to be anything like comfortable. I don't like to talk about a "six" though - it's much better to look at the Super 8s as a series of 7 games per team and just close your eyes and pretend of the group matches was a Super 8s game...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lol. I meant how many can they lose and still get through?!
Theoretically three, with a lot of luck.

In practice, two losses gives about a 50-50 chance (net run rate will likely decide), one loss (five wins) means they're assured of going through.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bravo and Lara really stealing the quick singles here, playing some fairly risky cricket. Hopefully Lara just settles it down a little build and starts rebuilding.

simmy

International Regular
Bravo and Lara really stealing the quick singles here, playing some fairly risky cricket. Hopefully Lara just settles it down a little build and starts rebuilding.
Who are you supporting Perm?!!