• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Now predictions at this stage are predictions.

So if said at the start of the game "I fancy Windies to win".. then they are stupid?!?!
No, but saying "with some confidence that if Lara goes early, NZ will win the game"
is a little on the silly side tbh.

Anywho, important phase of the game here. Vettori vs Gayle/Lara

simmy

International Regular
My feeling is that if Windies are going to mount a serious total, 240+, then Lara has to be there.

Majin

International Debutant
Started off as a nice even contest and is turning into the Jacob Oram show here. Lara needs to fire now.

pup11

International Coach
West Indies losing the plot big time here, probably also on their way out of the WC one would have to think.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
West Indies losing the plot big time here, probably also on their way out of the WC one would have to think.
With matches against England and Bangladesh left, I certainly wouldnt say they would be out of the WC if they lose this one.

They should beat both England and Bangladesh, and then if they only win one against South Africa or Sri Lanka then they are still a good chance at a semi final birth.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oram getting it right here, great to see after he had been struggling prior to this tournament. If Oram is bowling tight and getting bounce from that frame of his then New Zealand are such a better side as it means the 5th bowling option won't get tonked.

Michael Mason- that looked painful.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, not really. It's quite possible to lose two games and still qualify, especially against two teams that are expected to be there anyway. Their game against Sri Lanka will be their big match-up really, given that I expect NZ and Australia to beat Sri Lanka.