• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 12 - Group 1

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few months earlier Akila took a hattrick and they lost that match against the Windies.
Today, another Sri Lankan spinner has taken a hattrick and they were on the losing end of the result.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Shamsi comes across as a pretty sorted type. Bavuma's innings one of those tottering on the line between anchoring the chase and costing his side the game.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I'm not used to SA pulling these off. Good game.
Yeah, this looked like it would be a classic South African World Cup choke. But how good has Rabada's batting been of late? He's always looked good at the crease, just never actually made runs, but he's turned into a genuine contributor with the bat.

The one thing I'm a little worried about is South Africa's net run rate. I know it's dangerous to focus too much on net run rate, but England thumping the West Indies might end up being the deciding factor in the group.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, this looked like it would be a classic South African World Cup choke. But how good has Rabada's batting been of late? He's always looked good at the crease, just never actually made runs, but he's turned into a genuine contributor with the bat.

The one thing I'm a little worried about is South Africa's net run rate. I know it's dangerous to focus too much on net run rate, but England thumping the West Indies might end up being the deciding factor in the group.
NOted that he's always good to smite a few boundaries during the Windies tour.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
South Africa beating SL and England whipping yer crims does mean Bangladesh live to fight another day.

If England beat Sri Lanka and South Africa, Bangladesh beat Australia and South Africa, the West Indies beat Australia, and Sri Lanka beat the West Indies it'll leave England with 5 wins and everyone else with 2 each, so it'll come down to net RR.

Practically have one foot in the semis already. :ph34r:

Burgey

That was more the sort of result o expected from this Australian side tbh. Dunno why you’d go on a batsman light when you were virtually 4 out all out already

_Ed_

Amazing by Miller and Rabada for SA - I went to bed just after the hat-trick at 112-6, and I thought the game was completely done.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1635791892508.png

That's nice. England practically through, even a belting in their final game vs SA is unlikely to knock them out given the NRR difference